SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
12 years 11 months ago #127012
by cpaschen
SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from was created by cpaschen
-- url of the page with the problem -- : https://www._____.org/cmd-store/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 business
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
[blocked] The page at https://www.______.org/cmd-store/checkout ran insecure content from http://www._______.org/media/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css?v=222
Our site just started having problems overnight. The checkout pages have lost all formatting.
If I set 'Force SSL on checkout' to "No" then the page works, but when set to "yes" the page won't display the page as the files in /media/com_hikashop are considered 'insecure'.
[I've got the Force SSL set to NO presently just to make the cart at least display properly.]
Everything was running properly yesterday. No changes to the site that I'm aware of.
Any ideas?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 business
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
[blocked] The page at https://www.______.org/cmd-store/checkout ran insecure content from http://www._______.org/media/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css?v=222
Our site just started having problems overnight. The checkout pages have lost all formatting.
If I set 'Force SSL on checkout' to "No" then the page works, but when set to "yes" the page won't display the page as the files in /media/com_hikashop are considered 'insecure'.
[I've got the Force SSL set to NO presently just to make the cart at least display properly.]
Everything was running properly yesterday. No changes to the site that I'm aware of.
Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127014
by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Further testing ...
The problems noted above are based on latest version of Chrome
Safari reports no problems and the checkout works fine
Firefox displays a warning that the page is trying to display some insecure content on a secure page
Turning off the 'force SSL' appears to just disable SSL completely, which is not a practical solution for our ecommerce site.
The problems noted above are based on latest version of Chrome
Safari reports no problems and the checkout works fine
Firefox displays a warning that the page is trying to display some insecure content on a secure page
Turning off the 'force SSL' appears to just disable SSL completely, which is not a practical solution for our ecommerce site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127028
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Hi,
HikaShop add his CSS files using Joomla, by giving the relative path filename (without http or https).
I think it is very strange that only this CSS file gives you a problem. I encourage you to check the page source code because I think that it could have a problem with all files added in the header by Joomla (and it will be a Joomla problem).
Regards,
HikaShop add his CSS files using Joomla, by giving the relative path filename (without http or https).
I think it is very strange that only this CSS file gives you a problem. I encourage you to check the page source code because I think that it could have a problem with all files added in the header by Joomla (and it will be a Joomla problem).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127041
by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Jerome,
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, my original post wasn't complete.
I'm getting the ....checkout ran insecurie content from on a number of page (looks like about 18).
All of those are in the /media/ joomla directory.
They include the following folders/files:
/media/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css?v=222
/media/com_hikashop/css/style_pictureblue.css?v-222
/cache/widgetkit/widgetkit-39cda183.css
media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js?v=222
/media/system/js/mootools-core.js
/media/system/js/core.js
/media/system/js/validate.js
... and so on
The strange thing is that this wasn't an issue before. All of a sudden it changed overnight with no other problems.
NOTE: I am using Akeeba Admin Tools on this site along with custom .htaccess rules.
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, my original post wasn't complete.
I'm getting the ....checkout ran insecurie content from on a number of page (looks like about 18).
All of those are in the /media/ joomla directory.
They include the following folders/files:
/media/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css?v=222
/media/com_hikashop/css/style_pictureblue.css?v-222
/cache/widgetkit/widgetkit-39cda183.css
media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js?v=222
/media/system/js/mootools-core.js
/media/system/js/core.js
/media/system/js/validate.js
... and so on
The strange thing is that this wasn't an issue before. All of a sudden it changed overnight with no other problems.
NOTE: I am using Akeeba Admin Tools on this site along with custom .htaccess rules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127044
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Hi,
So it's not a problem related to HikaShop but to Joomla itself.
Maybe we can take a look at the page, trying to get more information but we will need the url of your website (you can send it by private message).
Regards,
So it's not a problem related to HikaShop but to Joomla itself.
Maybe we can take a look at the page, trying to get more information but we will need the url of your website (you can send it by private message).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127185
by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Thanks.
I've sent the URL by private message.
FYI .. I'm also looking into (and testing) applying SSL to the entire site (and having problems with that).
Akeeba Admin Tools is installed/enabled on this site, along with a custom htaccess file.
I've sent the URL by private message.
FYI .. I'm also looking into (and testing) applying SSL to the entire site (and having problems with that).
Akeeba Admin Tools is installed/enabled on this site, along with a custom htaccess file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127194
by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
I have tested using the 'stock' htaccess file from Joomla and still get problems.
When SSL only applied to Hikashop checkout it still gives the same errors.
When SSL applied to entire Joomla site getting 'redirect loop'.
If you have ideas why the hikashop resources are not being served from SSL please let me know.
Otherwise, I'm going to pursue the issues related to getting the entire site working with SSL.
When SSL only applied to Hikashop checkout it still gives the same errors.
When SSL applied to entire Joomla site getting 'redirect loop'.
If you have ideas why the hikashop resources are not being served from SSL please let me know.
Otherwise, I'm going to pursue the issues related to getting the entire site working with SSL.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127201
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Hi,
When opening the SSL page, you can find in the source code this:
Setting the base with "http" and not "https" made that all included css/js files in the head will be based on this url, so without SSL.
Sorry but for most I know, it is related to joomla or maybe your template.
Regards,
When opening the SSL page, you can find in the source code this:
Code:
<html dir="ltr" lang="en-gb">
<head>
<base href="http://www.______.org/cmd-store/checkout" />
Sorry but for most I know, it is related to joomla or maybe your template.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127918
by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Is there any 'step-by-step' instructions for getting SSL working with Hikashop in J2.5, that includes troubleshooting tips?
I've tried all sorts of things - including using a 'blank' template and a 'clean' htaccess file and still getting the same problems (redirect loop with the base href="http://...").
I've been digging through all sorts of sites trying to find a solution and can't.
[I've never had this sort of problem on any other site - they all 'just work' when SSL is enabled.]
I've tried all sorts of things - including using a 'blank' template and a 'clean' htaccess file and still getting the same problems (redirect loop with the base href="http://...").
I've been digging through all sorts of sites trying to find a solution and can't.
[I've never had this sort of problem on any other site - they all 'just work' when SSL is enabled.]
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #128396
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic SSL errors - checkout ran insecure content from
Hi,
We don't have yet a step by step documentation about how to configure SSL.
But as Jerome said, it don't seems to be related on HikaShop. Do you have any new clues ?
We don't have yet a step by step documentation about how to configure SSL.
But as Jerome said, it don't seems to be related on HikaShop. Do you have any new clues ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds