- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
Cart will not update
- neonblack123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago #133156
by neonblack123
Cart will not update was created by neonblack123
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.drats108.co.uk
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
When I add a product to the Cart and click Continue Shopping, the cart states it is empty. This only happens for the first product I add to the cart and only works on some computers.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
When I add a product to the Cart and click Continue Shopping, the cart states it is empty. This only happens for the first product I add to the cart and only works on some computers.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133158
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Cart will not update
Hi,
I think you have some cache activated (Joomla cache, system "cache" plugin or a cache system in your template).
Regards,
I think you have some cache activated (Joomla cache, system "cache" plugin or a cache system in your template).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- neonblack123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #133160
by neonblack123
Replied by neonblack123 on topic Cart will not update
Joomla Cache is set to OFF and the cache plugin is disabled.
I'm using Protostar as a template but cannot find the cache section for it, is there any cache section for the protostar template?
I'm using Protostar as a template but cannot find the cache section for it, is there any cache section for the protostar template?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133186
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cart will not update
I looked at your website but couldn't reproduce the problem.
It's working fine as far as I can see.
So it's don't think that it's related to caching. Would you be able to provide a way to reproduce the problem on our end ? It is browser related ?Does it depends on the product that you try to add ? Something else ?
It's working fine as far as I can see.
So it's don't think that it's related to caching. Would you be able to provide a way to reproduce the problem on our end ? It is browser related ?Does it depends on the product that you try to add ? Something else ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- neonblack123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #133239
by neonblack123
Replied by neonblack123 on topic Cart will not update
Sorry- to clarify: My client contacted me about this problem. He has tried it on multiple browsers and both laptop and iPad and he still gets the Cart is Empty result after adding a product to cart and clicking Continue Shopping.
I cannot reproduce the problem either and I have tried it on Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Does this mean it is something to do with his browser settings?
I cannot reproduce the problem either and I have tried it on Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Does this mean it is something to do with his browser settings?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133321
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Cart will not update
Hi,
It seems to be due to the browser settings.
Do you have precise informations about the used environment ? Mac - Pc - Safari, etc ?
It seems to be due to the browser settings.
Do you have precise informations about the used environment ? Mac - Pc - Safari, etc ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- neonblack123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #133325
by neonblack123
Replied by neonblack123 on topic Cart will not update
He says he has tried both PC and Mac and he has viewed it on Chrome on PC and Firefox on PC and Mac.
I have viewed it on both as well and I encounter no issues. It couldn't be any cache problems caused by the site as they are all disabled and surely I would be getting the issue as well. So it's definitely something to do with his browsers - perhaps their cache settings?
Is there any way to tell why his browsers are doing this? It's very peculiar.
I've instructed him to clear his browsers' caches and reset his modem/router.
Thanks for the help so far, it's greatly appreciated
I have viewed it on both as well and I encounter no issues. It couldn't be any cache problems caused by the site as they are all disabled and surely I would be getting the issue as well. So it's definitely something to do with his browsers - perhaps their cache settings?
Is there any way to tell why his browsers are doing this? It's very peculiar.
I've instructed him to clear his browsers' caches and reset his modem/router.
Thanks for the help so far, it's greatly appreciated
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133409
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cart will not update
Maybe it's something coming from his user session. I suppose that he have the same user session on all the devices since he must use the same user account.
I would propose to tell him to try with a new user account.
I would propose to tell him to try with a new user account.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- neonblack123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #133649
by neonblack123
Replied by neonblack123 on topic Cart will not update
There is no sign up required to complete the checkout process.
I checked on my girlfriend's iPad and it was not updating as he explained. I went into the settings for the browser and it was defaukted to "accept some cookies" which I changed to "accept all cookies" and cleared the cache and cookie history. It then worked.
Thanks to all who helped. Got it solved and was browser issues as expected
I checked on my girlfriend's iPad and it was not updating as he explained. I went into the settings for the browser and it was defaukted to "accept some cookies" which I changed to "accept all cookies" and cleared the cache and cookie history. It then worked.
Thanks to all who helped. Got it solved and was browser issues as expected
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds