- Posts: 53
- Thank you received: 0
Multiple forms
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
Our site is for an event (a Conference) and there are three member categories (Non-member, Member & Spouse) with three differing price for each (No Registration to Joomla/Hikashop required). Each event attendee is required to select their preference, fill in the form (we used custom fields to develop) and pay. See demo: 2014conference.icac.org.jm/index.php#page-158
(1). The problem is whether you select Non-member, Member or Spouse, there is just one form for an attendee to sign-up and then pay. Spouse needs a separate form and then pay. How can this be accomplished?
As the site is near completion we just would like a separate form for Spouse with different fields than the original form.
(2). If I cannot add another form for Spouse, how can I develop the current form so that the Non-member or Member form can add the price of $225 for their Spouse if selected. Please help, I really like Hikashop and been using since 2011.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Instead of multiple forms why don't you propose multiple products? It would be a much easier way to have different prices.
Or you could add an option named "spouse" to you product so the member will be available to select it or not when they order.
About the form itself, you could add few custom fields which are not required if you want to have more information but that won't affect the price.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If not, then how can I get the products, Non-member and member to add the price of Spouse?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This way your customer will have to fulfil the form when they select their product and you'll have all the information you need on the order.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You'll just have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields"
- un-publish the custom fields that you have created
- create them again, but set the "table" option to product
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
More information: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...shop-field-form.html
EDIT: I think you'll have enough info with these two posts!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Even if I un-publish the fields from address and place under the "table" product, upon checkout, the user would still see/use the same form. I wish for a different form for the product Spouse, then another form with differing custom fields for the other two products, Non-member & Member.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I would recommend to create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields. They will display directly on the product page. In these custom fields options screen, you can use the categories listing in order to restrict each field to the products of the categories listed there. That way, you can have different fields for different products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When I set it up, I do not see the fields or the new form on the Product page. See my test page I set up with your instructions ( 2014conference.icac.org.jm/android-2.html ). There are no fields there. And when I click on "add to cart" I get the same form.
Let me try to explain a little more clearly. I wish to have 2 different checkout forms. The one that is currently there (hf85a1b0.png, it appears after you click on the "add to cart" link) and another form with different fields, when you click on another product.
If that cannot work, then how can I develop the current form so that the checkout form can add the price of $225 to the existing calculation if "Yes" is selected. See image attached (ha3f9095.png)
.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm talking about the product page which is where you see the add to cart button. there, above the add to cart button, you'll see your custom item field after you create it and you can have there different fields for different products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.