- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Wrong shipping costs calculated due to workflow
12 years 7 months ago #146563
by boopoo
Wrong shipping costs calculated due to workflow was created by boopoo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.18
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF / IE
Hi,
I am having orders from France which are being given Geman shipping rates, not the French shipping rates. The problem is, in my checkout work flow I have placed the 'shipping' module on step 1, before the 'login' module on step 2. So the system has no way to know where the user is from until they register on step 2. By this point, the cart cannot be updated so French orders pay 50% less for shipping then they should.
I want to show users the cart, payment methods and shipping options before they register, however I need a solution here. For your information, 'France' is selected as default country in the registration form and the French shipping option has order position no1 (so I am not sure why French people are being given the German shipping rates in the first place). Help would be greatly appreciated.
checkout work flow screen shot attached
Best regards
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.18
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF / IE
Hi,
I am having orders from France which are being given Geman shipping rates, not the French shipping rates. The problem is, in my checkout work flow I have placed the 'shipping' module on step 1, before the 'login' module on step 2. So the system has no way to know where the user is from until they register on step 2. By this point, the cart cannot be updated so French orders pay 50% less for shipping then they should.
I want to show users the cart, payment methods and shipping options before they register, however I need a solution here. For your information, 'France' is selected as default country in the registration form and the French shipping option has order position no1 (so I am not sure why French people are being given the German shipping rates in the first place). Help would be greatly appreciated.
checkout work flow screen shot attached
Best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #146616
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Wrong shipping costs calculated due to workflow
Hi,
If you have restricted your 2 shipping methods for France and Germany through their "zone" option, they shouldn't even show. Also, I don't think that you'll be able to do what you want if you don't let your customers login or add/select their addresses before having to choose their payment/shipping method, so the solution will probably be to let your users register/login before having to choose their payment/shipping method, but note that you'll still be able to display their cart before their registration.
If you have restricted your 2 shipping methods for France and Germany through their "zone" option, they shouldn't even show. Also, I don't think that you'll be able to do what you want if you don't let your customers login or add/select their addresses before having to choose their payment/shipping method, so the solution will probably be to let your users register/login before having to choose their payment/shipping method, but note that you'll still be able to display their cart before their registration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146918
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Wrong shipping costs calculated due to workflow
Thanks for the reply.
I have changed the checkout work flow so that users have to register before they can select their shipping/payment options. However I would still like to show the cart before they register (as the mini cart does not have enough information).
The problem I have is that if I show the cart before registration, it has the shipping costs in the cart which it should not have (as the system does not know which country they are from yet). Do you know why this is happening or how I can remove shipping costs from the cart until they register?
Thank you again
I have changed the checkout work flow so that users have to register before they can select their shipping/payment options. However I would still like to show the cart before they register (as the mini cart does not have enough information).
The problem I have is that if I show the cart before registration, it has the shipping costs in the cart which it should not have (as the system does not know which country they are from yet). Do you know why this is happening or how I can remove shipping costs from the cart until they register?
Thank you again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146946
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Wrong shipping costs calculated due to workflow
Hi,
If you remove the shipping price from the cart it will never be displayed which is, I think, a bad thing for you customer. However, you could put the cart in the workflow a first time, make the user register in a second step, and then show the cart again with the shipping fees. Another option would be to display everything on the same page (login+cart+shipping) so the cart will be updated according to the customers' informations.
If you remove the shipping price from the cart it will never be displayed which is, I think, a bad thing for you customer. However, you could put the cart in the workflow a first time, make the user register in a second step, and then show the cart again with the shipping fees. Another option would be to display everything on the same page (login+cart+shipping) so the cart will be updated according to the customers' informations.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds