- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Cart popup box help?
12 years 5 months ago #154921
by CraftyMc
Cart popup box help? was created by CraftyMc
-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost (test server)
-- HikaShop version -- : not sure
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.x
-- PHP version -- : latest
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : google chrome
Hi I'm using this shop but when I use the shopping add to cart / wish list, popup feature the popup works and opens but when clicking add to cart it takes me to a new link (?popup=1) and when I close the box and remove the item from cart the page refreshes and the popup opens again... How do i stop it opening a link ?popup=1 and make it just open the box without making a link?
-- HikaShop version -- : not sure
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.x
-- PHP version -- : latest
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : google chrome
Hi I'm using this shop but when I use the shopping add to cart / wish list, popup feature the popup works and opens but when clicking add to cart it takes me to a new link (?popup=1) and when I close the box and remove the item from cart the page refreshes and the popup opens again... How do i stop it opening a link ?popup=1 and make it just open the box without making a link?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #155023
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cart popup box help?
Hi,
If you don't want the URL to change, you can activate the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" option of the configuration.
However, in some cases, like when you have custom item fields or options on your product pages, the AJAX mode won't be usable and thus the URL will still change.
Normally, the latest version of HikaShop should have some code to avoid the removal of an item from the cart to keep the popup parameter in the remove link and thus avoid the problem. So if you have an old version of HikaShop, I would recommend to update.
If you don't want the URL to change, you can activate the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" option of the configuration.
However, in some cases, like when you have custom item fields or options on your product pages, the AJAX mode won't be usable and thus the URL will still change.
Normally, the latest version of HikaShop should have some code to avoid the removal of an item from the cart to keep the popup parameter in the remove link and thus avoid the problem. So if you have an old version of HikaShop, I would recommend to update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CraftyMc
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #155072
by CraftyMc
Replied by CraftyMc on topic Cart popup box help?
That issue is fixed now thanks... Ran into another problem though, I have assigned the cart module to the sidebar of the shop page but I only want it to show up on the categories and products pages.. I
t's showing up on the checkout page.. So to solve this I added the checkout page as a sub-page to the shop but now when I click add to cart the popup box displays my website home page in mobile view and not the shopping / checkout buttons?
t's showing up on the checkout page.. So to solve this I added the checkout page as a sub-page to the shop but now when I click add to cart the popup box displays my website home page in mobile view and not the shopping / checkout buttons?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155095
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cart popup box help?
The solution in that case is to set the "force menu on checkout" option of the configuration to a specific menu item and then make sure that this menu item is not selected in your cart module's menu assignment option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155161
by CraftyMc
Replied by CraftyMc on topic Cart popup box help?
I'm struggling to find this option, what tab / section is it under in the configuration? Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155208
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cart popup box help?
It's under the Checkout tab of the configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds