- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 8
Checkout - next button sometimes not working
12 years 4 months ago #156097
by Udo
Checkout - next button sometimes not working was created by Udo
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.semoea.nl/webwinkel
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21
Hi,
Since one week some customers complain about the checkout.
Step 1 is Cart en Coupon. After clicking button Next they proceed to step 2
Step 2 is Login, Shipping method, Payment Method.
The problem is the Next button in step 1. Sometimes this button doesnot react at all, Nothing happens and the customer can't proceed.
Some people say that after clicking once more the button Proceed to checkout in the cart module (which is displayed on all shop pages) the checkout restarts and they can proceed. But most potential customers leave the shop, I'm afraid.
This is not always happening, sometimes the next button works correctly and we still get orders. And I myself have tried to reproduce the next-problem but never ran into it. But the facts is that some (or perhaps many) customers have this problem.
Do you have any idea what is causing the problem?
I wonder if the SSL configuration could be the cause. Last week I changed the SSL configuration: Now I force SSL on checkout..
And in sh404sef I started using SEF for https.
I hope for a quick reponse.
Thanks.
Udo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21
Hi,
Since one week some customers complain about the checkout.
Step 1 is Cart en Coupon. After clicking button Next they proceed to step 2
Step 2 is Login, Shipping method, Payment Method.
The problem is the Next button in step 1. Sometimes this button doesnot react at all, Nothing happens and the customer can't proceed.
Some people say that after clicking once more the button Proceed to checkout in the cart module (which is displayed on all shop pages) the checkout restarts and they can proceed. But most potential customers leave the shop, I'm afraid.
This is not always happening, sometimes the next button works correctly and we still get orders. And I myself have tried to reproduce the next-problem but never ran into it. But the facts is that some (or perhaps many) customers have this problem.
Do you have any idea what is causing the problem?
I wonder if the SSL configuration could be the cause. Last week I changed the SSL configuration: Now I force SSL on checkout..
And in sh404sef I started using SEF for https.
I hope for a quick reponse.
Thanks.
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #156099
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout - next button sometimes not working
Hi,
I'm also not able to reproduce the problem, nor on my end nor on your website.
We would need to be able to reproduce it in order to be able to say anything on that.
I'm also not able to reproduce the problem, nor on my end nor on your website.
We would need to be able to reproduce it in order to be able to say anything on that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #156397
by Udo
Replied by Udo on topic Checkout - next button sometimes not working
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, the problem still exists.
I was hoping that you had seen a problem like this before and could mention some possible causes.
But apparently it is not a known problem.
I've searched for a solution via Google, but no luck so far.
regards,
Udo
Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, the problem still exists.
I was hoping that you had seen a problem like this before and could mention some possible causes.
But apparently it is not a known problem.
I've searched for a solution via Google, but no luck so far.
regards,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #156452
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout - next button sometimes not working
Usually when "the next button doesn't work", it's usually that something is missing with the checkout and thus the system doesn't let the user proceed to avoid an incomplete order. For example, if you restricted your payment methods to only a specific country and that the user address is outside that country, the system won't find any payment method, and won't let the user finish the order.
Normally, in such cases, it should display an error message on the checkout explaining to the user what's missing.
However, sometimes, the template of the website is not displaying the error messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html
So that could be a potential issue... but we're a bit hitting in the dark here...
Normally, in such cases, it should display an error message on the checkout explaining to the user what's missing.
However, sometimes, the template of the website is not displaying the error messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html
So that could be a potential issue... but we're a bit hitting in the dark here...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158077
by Udo
Replied by Udo on topic Checkout - next button sometimes not working
Hi,
The error messages are displayed in the template, but in this case there was no message. Nothing happened at all.
Anyway, the problem seems to be solved.
I noticed that the URL of the button 'Proceed to checkout' in the cart module varies a bit, depending on the page on which the cart module appears.
In my website the cart module is assigned to the main Hikashop menu, and also to a hidden hikashop menu showing a product listing (used by the filter module), the User Control Panel menu, and 2 Joomla menus showing articles (customer information). So there are 5 slightly different ways to enter the checkout.
I have redirected all links to the URL of the main Hikashop menu (via sh404sef).
And since I've done that the customer complained no more and orders came as usual.
Hurray!
Thanks,
Udo
The error messages are displayed in the template, but in this case there was no message. Nothing happened at all.
Anyway, the problem seems to be solved.
I noticed that the URL of the button 'Proceed to checkout' in the cart module varies a bit, depending on the page on which the cart module appears.
In my website the cart module is assigned to the main Hikashop menu, and also to a hidden hikashop menu showing a product listing (used by the filter module), the User Control Panel menu, and 2 Joomla menus showing articles (customer information). So there are 5 slightly different ways to enter the checkout.
I have redirected all links to the URL of the main Hikashop menu (via sh404sef).
And since I've done that the customer complained no more and orders came as usual.
Hurray!
Thanks,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds