- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 0
display email address on receipt & checkout
12 years 4 months ago #157782
by benrud
display email address on receipt & checkout was created by benrud
-- url of the page with the problem -- : test.crossfitshorts.com
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ALL
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : see belowe
Hello Everyone,
I'd like the display the email address used to place the order in the emailed order details and also on the checkout page. Can someone please direct me towards tutorials on these two topics?
Thanks,
Todd
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ALL
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : see belowe
Hello Everyone,
I'd like the display the email address used to place the order in the emailed order details and also on the checkout page. Can someone please direct me towards tutorials on these two topics?
Thanks,
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #157984
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic display email address on receipt & checkout
Hi,
We do not have tutorial for this specific "topics".
In the email, you can access to the user object which contains the user email address.
In the checkout page, the best is to load the HikaShop user (using hikashop_loadUser function) and display his email address.
These two customizations requires some PHP skills.
Regards,
We do not have tutorial for this specific "topics".
In the email, you can access to the user object which contains the user email address.
In the checkout page, the best is to load the HikaShop user (using hikashop_loadUser function) and display his email address.
These two customizations requires some PHP skills.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #159140
by benrud
Replied by benrud on topic display email address on receipt & checkout
I am comfortable 'editing' php when I know what I'm looking for and changing to. Can you please provide me with more 'specific' instruction?
Please reply path to file, what needs to be changed, and what I need to change it to.
Thanks a ton!
Todd
Please reply path to file, what needs to be changed, and what I need to change it to.
Thanks a ton!
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159875
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic display email address on receipt & checkout
Hi,
In the email edition page via the menu System > Emails (for non business in "media/com_hikashop/mail") edit the desired email and add code like:
And in the view "checkout / ..." depending on where you want to display the email address, use this kind of code:
In the email edition page via the menu System > Emails (for non business in "media/com_hikashop/mail") edit the desired email and add code like:
Code:
<?php echo $customer->user_email; ?>
And in the view "checkout / ..." depending on where you want to display the email address, use this kind of code:
Code:
<?php
$user = hikashop_loadUser(true);
echo $user->user_email;
?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #161247
by benrud
Replied by benrud on topic display email address on receipt & checkout
Xavier,
Thanks for your last reply. That is the <code> I'm looking for, but I don't know 'which' files to add it to. Can you please reply with a file/path or click/path to follow so I can locate the file(s)?
I tried finding the "email edition page" and "view checkout" pages in the media/com_hikashop/mail folder, but couldn't.
Can you please be a little more specific with the file names and paths to the files?
Thanks again for your help and sorry for the needed extra 'hand holding'.
Have a great weekend,
Todd
Thanks for your last reply. That is the <code> I'm looking for, but I don't know 'which' files to add it to. Can you please reply with a file/path or click/path to follow so I can locate the file(s)?
I tried finding the "email edition page" and "view checkout" pages in the media/com_hikashop/mail folder, but couldn't.
Can you please be a little more specific with the file names and paths to the files?
Thanks again for your help and sorry for the needed extra 'hand holding'.
Have a great weekend,
Todd
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by benrud.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161257
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic display email address on receipt & checkout
Hard to say which email file to edit since we don't know which email you want to edit.
I would guess that you want to edit the order_creation_notification.html.php and the order_status_notification.html.php but you might as well want to edit the order_notification.html.php and the order_admin_notification.html.php
I would guess that you want to edit the order_creation_notification.html.php and the order_status_notification.html.php but you might as well want to edit the order_notification.html.php and the order_admin_notification.html.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161314
by benrud
Replied by benrud on topic display email address on receipt & checkout
Thank you nicolas. That is what I needed. Have a great week!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds