- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 3
Checkout not completing
- dbarnhart863
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #175249
by dbarnhart863
Checkout not completing was created by dbarnhart863
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Internet Explorer 8
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message on debug
Checkout is returning to the homepage and not going to the next step but only for some users.
The first step of checkout is cart_login, then address_payment_cart status then end.
I was able to recreate this problem using IE 8 only. This does not happen in Firefox or Chrome and it does not happen in IE 9. Users can get to the first step fine and register, but when they hit the Next button to go to the second checkout step they are just redirected back to the home page.
On the backend they are registered and logged in.
This seemed to start occurring after I updated Hikashop.
This is happening to quite a lot of my users so they must be using IE8. I need a patch for this or please tell me how to fix this (aside from telling my users to update to IE9 or use a different browser).
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Internet Explorer 8
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message on debug
Checkout is returning to the homepage and not going to the next step but only for some users.
The first step of checkout is cart_login, then address_payment_cart status then end.
I was able to recreate this problem using IE 8 only. This does not happen in Firefox or Chrome and it does not happen in IE 9. Users can get to the first step fine and register, but when they hit the Next button to go to the second checkout step they are just redirected back to the home page.
On the backend they are registered and logged in.
This seemed to start occurring after I updated Hikashop.
This is happening to quite a lot of my users so they must be using IE8. I need a patch for this or please tell me how to fix this (aside from telling my users to update to IE9 or use a different browser).
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175320
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Checkout not completing
Hi,
We are not able to reproduce that in our environment.
Please provide us a test account and a direct link to a product page.
You can send the informations via private message, don't forget to give the url of that topic in the message.
We are not able to reproduce that in our environment.
Please provide us a test account and a direct link to a product page.
You can send the informations via private message, don't forget to give the url of that topic in the message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dbarnhart863
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #175424
by dbarnhart863
Replied by dbarnhart863 on topic Checkout not completing
Xavier, thanks for your help.
Please use either Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 7 as the browser to see how the checkout goes to the home page and not to the second step of the checkout process. This does not occur using IE 9 or Firefox or Chrome.
Click on add to cart, then register as new user. You will see after you put in all of the information on the registration page and click on the button at the bottom, "Next- Payment" you will be directed back to the home page and not to the second step in the checkout process which is the payment.
Please let me know how to fix this.
Thanks
Please use either Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 7 as the browser to see how the checkout goes to the home page and not to the second step of the checkout process. This does not occur using IE 9 or Firefox or Chrome.
Click on add to cart, then register as new user. You will see after you put in all of the information on the registration page and click on the button at the bottom, "Next- Payment" you will be directed back to the home page and not to the second step in the checkout process which is the payment.
Please let me know how to fix this.
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by dbarnhart863.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175456
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Checkout not completing
Hi,
Do you have solved you problem ? I just tried with IE 7 and IE 8, after adding product to cart, I register, and I am well redirected to the payment page. So I don't have any issue on your website.
And in the browser console, I don't see any error related on HikaShop.
Do you have solved you problem ? I just tried with IE 7 and IE 8, after adding product to cart, I register, and I am well redirected to the payment page. So I don't have any issue on your website.
And in the browser console, I don't see any error related on HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dbarnhart863
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 11 months ago #175602
by dbarnhart863
Replied by dbarnhart863 on topic Checkout not completing
That is so weird! I have tested this in two different environments - IE 8 on Windows XP and IE 7 on Windows Vista.
Not sure why you were not redirected back to the homepage after you registered when both myself and my users who use those environments are.
Even though you cannot recreate the problem, can you think of anything I can check, or do, or add to the code so that I can try to correct the problem?
Any more help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Not sure why you were not redirected back to the homepage after you registered when both myself and my users who use those environments are.
Even though you cannot recreate the problem, can you think of anything I can check, or do, or add to the code so that I can try to correct the problem?
Any more help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #175676
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Checkout not completing
Hello,
If we can't reproduce your issue, we won't be able to know from where your issue is exactly coming, so we can't really advise you on how to do to prevent that issue from happening if we don't know what is actually happening.Even though you cannot recreate the problem, can you think of anything I can check, or do, or add to the code so that I can try to correct the problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds