- Posts: 109
- Thank you received: 5
Include Text Box for Gift Message in Checkout
11 years 11 months ago #178258
by Ed_Hika
Include Text Box for Gift Message in Checkout was created by Ed_Hika
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello, there.
Good evening!
During the checkout process, when the "Use the same address as for billing" checkbox is ticked (for the Shipping Address), I will like to display a textbox for the user to write a message.
I understand that this will be a two-step process:
a) create a custom text field for the order table (which I have done)
b) display the custom field when the checkbox is ticked (which is what I need help in)
Please could you tell me which file to edit and the example code to include?
Thanks.
Take care!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello, there.
Good evening!
During the checkout process, when the "Use the same address as for billing" checkbox is ticked (for the Shipping Address), I will like to display a textbox for the user to write a message.
I understand that this will be a two-step process:
a) create a custom text field for the order table (which I have done)
b) display the custom field when the checkbox is ticked (which is what I need help in)
Please could you tell me which file to edit and the example code to include?
Thanks.
Take care!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #178290
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Include Text Box for Gift Message in Checkout
Hello,
To do it you'll have to edit the "Address" file of the "Checkout" view of your front-end template use some JavaScript code, you'll also have to edit these lines :
To do it you'll have to edit the "Address" file of the "Checkout" view of your front-end template use some JavaScript code, you'll also have to edit these lines :
Code:
<label for="same_address">
<input class="hikashop_checkout_shipping_same_address inputbox" <?php echo $checked; ?>type="checkbox" id="same_address" name="same_address" value="yes" alt="Same address" onclick="<?php echo $onclick; ?>" />
<?php echo JText::_('SAME_AS_BILLING');?>
</label>
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds