- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
Automatically adding amount to cart on checkout.
11 years 8 months ago #186662
by allanb
Automatically adding amount to cart on checkout. was created by allanb
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi and thank you for a great extension.
I have the following issue.
In the shop I sell different items that are specially printed for customers. For every item there is a setup charge that must be added to the total on checkout. The quantity does not matter. If a client buys 1 item or buys 20 of the same item the setup charge remains the same.However, the setup charge must be added for every different item in a specific category.
Qty Item Price
1 Banner-A R100
1 Banner-B R200
1 Setup-A R100
1 Setup-B R100
Total R500
or
Qty Item Price
5 Banner-A R500
2 Banner-B R400
1 Setup-A R100
1 Setup-B R100
Total R1100
I hope this makes sense. How would I get this done?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi and thank you for a great extension.
I have the following issue.
In the shop I sell different items that are specially printed for customers. For every item there is a setup charge that must be added to the total on checkout. The quantity does not matter. If a client buys 1 item or buys 20 of the same item the setup charge remains the same.However, the setup charge must be added for every different item in a specific category.
Qty Item Price
1 Banner-A R100
1 Banner-B R200
1 Setup-A R100
1 Setup-B R100
Total R500
or
Qty Item Price
5 Banner-A R500
2 Banner-B R400
1 Setup-A R100
1 Setup-B R100
Total R1100
I hope this makes sense. How would I get this done?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186666
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Automatically adding amount to cart on checkout.
Hi,
I would recommend to create one warehouse per setup charge and a corresponding manual shipping method with the charge you want as price of the shipping method and the warehouse selected in the corresponding option of each shipping method.
Then, select the warehouse of each product so that the shipping method is selected on the checkout if at least one product of the warehouse is present and it should work like you want.
Note that you'll want to make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" option is turned if you didn't set any weight in your products.
I would recommend to create one warehouse per setup charge and a corresponding manual shipping method with the charge you want as price of the shipping method and the warehouse selected in the corresponding option of each shipping method.
Then, select the warehouse of each product so that the shipping method is selected on the checkout if at least one product of the warehouse is present and it should work like you want.
Note that you'll want to make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" option is turned if you didn't set any weight in your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #186792
by allanb
Replied by allanb on topic Automatically adding amount to cart on checkout.
Hi Nicolas
Thank you so much for the response. I have tried your methos but I am still missing something. I did the following;
Now I get Shipping method A as a shipping option in addition to my normal shipping methods and the client can select only one.
I need Setup A to be added to the total as well as the amount for the normal shipping method the client selects.
Thanks
Thank you so much for the response. I have tried your methos but I am still missing something. I did the following;
- Created a Warehouse A
- [Created a manual Shipping Method A with the price I want to add to the checkout
- Selected Warehouse A under restrictions for each product
- Turned "force shipping regardless of weight" option on
Now I get Shipping method A as a shipping option in addition to my normal shipping methods and the client can select only one.
I need Setup A to be added to the total as well as the amount for the normal shipping method the client selects.
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by allanb.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #186859
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Automatically adding amount to cart on checkout.
Hello,
Can you tell me what do you exactly mean by :
Can you tell me what do you exactly mean by :
Thanks.I need Setup A to be added to the total as well as the amount for the normal shipping method the client selects.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #187752
by allanb
Replied by allanb on topic Automatically adding amount to cart on checkout.
Hi Mohammed
Thanks for the reply. As per my original question, when a client orders Banner A the system must add the setup fee foe Banner A to the total on checkout. The client will then select the shipping method and that must then be added to the total as well.
Example:
Thanks for the reply. As per my original question, when a client orders Banner A the system must add the setup fee foe Banner A to the total on checkout. The client will then select the shipping method and that must then be added to the total as well.
Example:
| Client adds Banner A to the cart | $50 |
| Systems adds Setup A to the Cart | $5 |
| Total in the cart now | $55 |
| Client selects shipping | $10 |
| Total to be paid | $65 |
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #187832
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Automatically adding amount to cart on checkout.
Hello,
If you want to add a shipping fee for your " Banner A " product, a solution can be to :
- Use the "Use price per product" option of your shipping method configuration page
- Go to your " Banner A" product configuration page
- Set a shipping price / fee for your product through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page
If you want to add a shipping fee for your " Banner A " product, a solution can be to :
- Use the "Use price per product" option of your shipping method configuration page
- Go to your " Banner A" product configuration page
- Set a shipping price / fee for your product through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds