- Posts: 317
- Thank you received: 20
Automatically allow guest registration
Everything seems working fine. We are linked to registered Joomla users. However, I am also allowing guest registration and don't want to require admin approval. I want outsiders to automatically be assigned to public user group. I'm sure there's a way. In one of the plugins?
Thanks as always.
-Jim G.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
-Jim G.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The issue comes from your "guest registration" option of the HikaShop configuration.
You actually used a translation override in order to rename the text "registration" to "guest registration".
So you think that you selected the "guest" mode when in fact you didn't. You're still using the normal registration.
Change that "guest registration" option to "guest" (the last option) and you'll really use the guest mode on the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So please review the steps I have taken.
I have allowed single-page guest registration and login.
I created a mass action to assign "public" user group when new Hika user is created.
In the Joomla user options, I disabled administrator approval of new users so that it's all automatic. The user will get the activation e-mail and be able to log in right away without me having to do anything.
Am I on the right track?
Here's a quick working example you can see:
ssyc.org/doublehanded-payment/product/listing
ssyc.org/doublehanded-payment/checkout/step/step-1
-Jim G.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
guest and login are two different antinomic concepts.However this option only allows guest login. Guest first has to have an account, correct?
Logging in before checking out means that you have to enter the username and password of your user account on the website before checking out.
Guest checkout means that you don't already have a user account and that you don't want one on the website. You just enter your email address and shipping address in order to be able to checkout.
Registering before checking out means that you have to enter the username and password you want for your user account plus your shipping address in order to be able to checkout.
So no, guest don't need to first have an account, and this option doesn't allow "guest login".
So in short, since I don't know what you're trying to achieve I cannot tell you what to do.
The way you have it configured is like a normal login/registration checkout. If you want a guest checkout, you would have to set the "registration" option to "guest". But maybe that's not what you actually want to do ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you. I tried the attached settings, they didn't work. All I got was the attached error message.
I really don't have a problem with doing guest checkout via registration. For that:
I set checkout to one-page login and simplified registration.
In Joomla user options, I set admin approval of new user to "no."
In Hika mass actions, I created a mass action to assign new users to default group "public."
Is that correct?
Many thanks,
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you only have "guest" selected then there is no point in having the "login" (that you renamed to "login as guest") option activated since no user will have any user account and thus they won't be able to login.
They will always enter their email address and mail address in the checkout and that's it. That is what is true guest checkout.
So it's normal that you get an error when you try to login in guest mode since I don't see what you enter in the username and password fields ? If you don't have a user account, you don't have any username or password and thus it's normal that you get that error if you enter some random text in those fields and try to login.
I can't recommend the solution you're using as it's kind of a trick of the system but if it works for you then why not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
-Jim G.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.