Skip to main content

Default Registration View Not Working

More
11 years 6 months ago #194913 by cbaugher
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 36.0.1

I have set the Default registration view in the configuration to guest (see attachment), yet when I go to checkout the default is still Login. I have tried three different templates, including the Protostar and get the same results.Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #194929 by Xavier
Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue on my end thanks to your screenshot.
But using the same parameters than yours is working fine, I have the guest form displayed by default.

Don't you have any view edition/override of the view "checkout / login" ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195170 by cbaugher
I installed a brand new Joomla 3.4 website and installed Hikashop 2.4 and created one product and the guest registration is still not coming up on the Protostar template. This means that nothing could have been interfering or overriding the settings. The Guest radio button is selected but the login form is displayed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195183 by Xavier
Hi,

This code seems to be missing from your view "checkout / login":
Code:
$js = "window.hikashop.ready( function(){displayRegistration(window.document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method".$defaultSelection."'));});"; $doc = JFactory::getDocument(); $doc->addScriptDeclaration("\n<!--\n".$js."\n//-->\n");

Please add it just before:
Code:
echo JHTML::_('hikaselect.radiolist', $values, 'data[register][registration_method]', ' onchange="displayRegistration(this)"', 'value', 'text', $defaultSelection, false, false, true );

If the code is already present, please change the value from switcher to all in one page, save and change it back to switcher in Configuration > Checkout > Login & Registration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195379 by cbaugher
The code was present so I changed the configuration like you asked and that did not work. Even when I set the default to registration it still comes up with the login form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #197904 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply, I also tested it on my end and it worked fine, can you give us a temporary back-end access so that we can directly test it on your website ?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199067 by dennis3m
Hello:

Mine also seems to be the same case. I added the codes to the Checkout > Login page, but it is still not working.

Because the switcher isn't hiding any elements from this page, users misses the switcher and instead directly tries to register, but end up with a 'empty password not allowed message'.

I would also like to know, is there anyway to allow users to continue on with the checkout after they register? Currently, it insist for the user to check their email box for an confirmation email...which is a delay and barrier to customers when they order. Anyway to allow them to finish there order without first confirming email during registration?


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199073 by nicolas
@dennis3m
Your issue is different.
From what I can see the issue is with the CSS of your template preventing HikaShop from hiding the different pieces of the interface.
Without looking at the page I wouldn't be able to say exactly what CSS to change or add to fix that.

If you don't want the activation system for registrations, then just turn it off in the options of the Joomla user manager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199168 by dennis3m
Hi Nicolas:

No wonder adding that piece of code to the View file didn't do anything. I have sent you a private message with our backend login. Hopefully you could provide some guidelines of how we could make it work right.

You are correct on the activation. In Joomla, I went to System > Global Configuration > User Manager and was able to change the 'New User Account Activation' to 'None'; That removed the registration requirement. Yay, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199252 by nicolas
Hi,

Your template is missing the CSS:
Code:
.hikashop_hidden_checkout{ display:none; }
Add it and it will then work properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199255 by cbaugher
I just private messaged you access to my development website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #199451 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
We've made a fix regarding that issue, can you edit the "login" file of the "checkout" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views" and change that line :
Code:
$js = "window.hikashop.ready( function(){displayRegistration(window.document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method".$defaultSelection."'));});";
By :
Code:
$js = " window.hikashop.ready( function(){ var currentRegistrationSelection = window.document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method".$defaultSelection."'); if(!currentRegistrationSelection) currentRegistrationSelection = window.document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]".$defaultSelection."'); displayRegistration(currentRegistrationSelection); });";
and test it again ?
Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199464 by cbaugher
Thank you very much that fixed it! But I had to change that code in the core file as well. And when I download the newest Hikashop just now I saw that that change had not been made there either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199468 by Mohamed Thelji
Thanks for your feedback, note that we'll add it through the next Hikashop package :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #205421 by penyo311
I have the latest HikaShop version and now when a user goes to register they are not sent out the form to make a username etc

I don't understand why everytime a new version comes out something breaks.

Kyle with a :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #205551 by Jerome
Hi,

I don't think that is linked with the update.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum