- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 1
Remove billing address field from checkout
11 years 1 month ago #212549
by Geor
Remove billing address field from checkout was created by Geor
-- url of the page with the problem -- : georld.com
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter: 2.5.0
Hello guys.
I would like to either remove or fix the billing address field from the checkout.
Each time the customer updates the shipping address ,automatically the billing address updates too.
Is there a fix to that ?
Also I would like to add a small guiding text in the checkout so that I can inform the user what to do next. Can I do that?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter: 2.5.0
Hello guys.
I would like to either remove or fix the billing address field from the checkout.
Each time the customer updates the shipping address ,automatically the billing address updates too.
Is there a fix to that ?
Also I would like to add a small guiding text in the checkout so that I can inform the user what to do next. Can I do that?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #212550
by Geor
Replied by Geor on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
Another question.
When somebody buys something,I don't want the product stock to update,and although the option ''update product stock when checkout is created'' is clicked on NO , this still happens (so products appear unavailable).
How can I keep the product stock intact no matter how many have been sold ?
When somebody buys something,I don't want the product stock to update,and although the option ''update product stock when checkout is created'' is clicked on NO , this still happens (so products appear unavailable).
How can I keep the product stock intact no matter how many have been sold ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #212619
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
Hi,
1/ If the user is using the same address for the billing and the shipping ; by editing one, it will affect the other, because they are the same.
The customer need to create a new address if he do not want to modify the address.
So I don't see something to fix because the current process is following his logic.
2/ If you do not want update your product stock, you need to set an unlimited stock for your products.
HikaShop will update the product stock when the order is created or when the order is confirmed (depending the setting you used), but in all cases the stock will be update (unless you do not use any confirm status).
You can see to use a product custom field (require at least HikaShop essential) to store your "product stock" in a value which won't be affect by the HikaShop workflow ; it is a possible solution.
Regards,
1/ If the user is using the same address for the billing and the shipping ; by editing one, it will affect the other, because they are the same.
The customer need to create a new address if he do not want to modify the address.
So I don't see something to fix because the current process is following his logic.
2/ If you do not want update your product stock, you need to set an unlimited stock for your products.
HikaShop will update the product stock when the order is created or when the order is confirmed (depending the setting you used), but in all cases the stock will be update (unless you do not use any confirm status).
You can see to use a product custom field (require at least HikaShop essential) to store your "product stock" in a value which won't be affect by the HikaShop workflow ; it is a possible solution.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #212677
by Geor
Replied by Geor on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
Thank you for your answer.
Regarding the billing address,I see no reason for a second field,so can I remove the billing address field?
Also can I include a small guiding text in the checkout so that the customer knows what to do next?
Regards
Regarding the billing address,I see no reason for a second field,so can I remove the billing address field?
Also can I include a small guiding text in the checkout so that the customer knows what to do next?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #212678
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
Hi,
You can edit all HikaShop views ; so you can do almost whatever you want
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
For the billing address, depending the address selection mode you're using, the modification could be different.
With HikaShop 3 and the new checkout system I think it will be easier to manage ; for the moment I think the easier would be to no display the shipping address part and place an hidden input to tell HikaShop to use the same address as the billing.
Afterwards, you can call the billing address as the "shipping address" if you want ; but the idea is to use that setting to use the same address for both.
Regards,
You can edit all HikaShop views ; so you can do almost whatever you want
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
For the billing address, depending the address selection mode you're using, the modification could be different.
With HikaShop 3 and the new checkout system I think it will be easier to manage ; for the moment I think the easier would be to no display the shipping address part and place an hidden input to tell HikaShop to use the same address as the billing.
Afterwards, you can call the billing address as the "shipping address" if you want ; but the idea is to use that setting to use the same address for both.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 week ago #250839
by Kaatt
Replied by Kaatt on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
Did a finalised resolution for removing one the billing/shipping addresses from the checkout become determined?
I've done some playing and all I seem to get is an error so I'm doing something wrong somewhere...
I've done some playing and all I seem to get is an error so I'm doing something wrong somewhere...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #250856
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
Hello,
In order to help you and understand your issue we will need more element like process that reach to your issue, screenshots etc...
Obviously, you have to help us, in order to help you.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
In order to help you and understand your issue we will need more element like process that reach to your issue, screenshots etc...
Obviously, you have to help us, in order to help you.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 week ago #250977
by Kaatt
Replied by Kaatt on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
I'd like to remove either the billing or shipping address from the checkout. I only need one option at this point. Based on the information you provided above, I don't know where to go or begin to effectively achieve this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 week ago #250981
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
Hi,
Make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting of the HikaShop configuration is turned off and that you don't have any weight in your products. That way, you'll only see the billing address on the checkout/order/invoice/emails and no shipping address.
Make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting of the HikaShop configuration is turned off and that you don't have any weight in your products. That way, you'll only see the billing address on the checkout/order/invoice/emails and no shipping address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaatt
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 week ago #251098
by Kaatt
Replied by Kaatt on topic Remove billing address field from checkout
That worked! Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds