- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 1
SSL certificate
11 years 3 weeks ago #213968
by janya171
Paypal IPN et nouveau certificat was created by janya171
ok thanks.
So anywyas do you think I should buy SSL certificate?
Will I need to change in hika some settigns IF I buiy SSL?
Regards
So anywyas do you think I should buy SSL certificate?
Will I need to change in hika some settigns IF I buiy SSL?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 weeks ago #213979
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal IPN et nouveau certificat
Hi,
If you use PayPal Standard, you don't need a SSL certificate. You can still get one if you want.
Once you setup your SSL certificate, you'll want to either turn on the SSL everywhere on your website, or turn on the "force SSL on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration. There's nothing else to it.
PS: I've moved your post
Please reply in French on the French forum.
If you don't speak French, then post in the English forum.
If you use PayPal Standard, you don't need a SSL certificate. You can still get one if you want.
Once you setup your SSL certificate, you'll want to either turn on the SSL everywhere on your website, or turn on the "force SSL on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration. There's nothing else to it.
PS: I've moved your post
Please reply in French on the French forum.
If you don't speak French, then post in the English forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prettysitepublishing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
11 years 3 weeks ago #214035
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic Paypal IPN et nouveau certificat
You might want to do SSL regardless. About a year ago Google announced that they would begin considering SSL vs. non-SSL as a ranking factor. While the impact is very small compared to many other site characteristics, having SSL sitewide helps your ranking, not having it can hurt it.
You can Google "SSL" and "ranking" and find lots of information online. Here's one post you may find helpful: info.ssl.com/its-here-https-as-a-ranking-signal/
You can Google "SSL" and "ranking" and find lots of information online. Here's one post you may find helpful: info.ssl.com/its-here-https-as-a-ranking-signal/
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: prettysitepublishing, wardbriannz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds