Order email problem and email customization
10 years 10 months ago #221078
by gioxd
Order email problem and email customization was created by gioxd
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.laputea.com
Hi, I have some requests on email. I do not know if it's the right section of the forum.
1. I noticed that the customer receives in the mail that there is a mistake in time: instead of the time, comes out the website link! Also how can I change www.laputea.com/ with a simple "laputea.com"? (see photo 1). As seen in the picture, I set the parameters correctly "sender information" (see photo 2).
2. How can I insert a custom field in the mail order status notification? When I send the email "sent" I would like to add a custom field with the tracking number and a gift voucher.
3. I can configure the field "rate and comment" in the mail? I read something on the forum, but I did not understand if I can put the form in the mail and post comments directly on the product page. It would be fantastic!
Hi, I have some requests on email. I do not know if it's the right section of the forum.
1. I noticed that the customer receives in the mail that there is a mistake in time: instead of the time, comes out the website link! Also how can I change www.laputea.com/ with a simple "laputea.com"? (see photo 1). As seen in the picture, I set the parameters correctly "sender information" (see photo 2).
2. How can I insert a custom field in the mail order status notification? When I send the email "sent" I would like to add a custom field with the tracking number and a gift voucher.
3. I can configure the field "rate and comment" in the mail? I read something on the forum, but I did not understand if I can put the form in the mail and post comments directly on the product page. It would be fantastic!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221103
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Order email problem and email customization
Hi,
1. You can change the text of the email with a translation override:
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
2. The custom order fields are added automatically to the emails if they are filled and that you configured the fields to display on the frontend. So please check on that. You should not need to change any code.
3. It's not easy to do that and you can't put a form in an email. That's not valid and will be refused by some email clients.
1. You can change the text of the email with a translation override:
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
2. The custom order fields are added automatically to the emails if they are filled and that you configured the fields to display on the frontend. So please check on that. You should not need to change any code.
3. It's not easy to do that and you can't put a form in an email. That's not valid and will be refused by some email clients.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #221189
by gioxd
Replied by gioxd on topic Order email problem and email customization
Hi Nicolas, thank You for reply.
1) I do not think it's a problem of translation, because the field "time" and the field "name" is replaced with the symbol %s.
I think it's a problem link. Because the system is linking to a field containing www.laputea.com/ instead of hours or name.
2) problem solved.
3) there is a way to insert in the mail a link to a page containing only the form "rate and comment"? If I put in the mail the link to the product, people do not understand that must comment! If I link to a blank page, containing only the field "rate and comment", perhaps he understands. About the same as it does on amazon.
1) I do not think it's a problem of translation, because the field "time" and the field "name" is replaced with the symbol %s.
I think it's a problem link. Because the system is linking to a field containing www.laputea.com/ instead of hours or name.
2) problem solved.
3) there is a way to insert in the mail a link to a page containing only the form "rate and comment"? If I put in the mail the link to the product, people do not understand that must comment! If I link to a blank page, containing only the field "rate and comment", perhaps he understands. About the same as it does on amazon.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by gioxd.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225171
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Order email problem and email customization
Hi,
1. The %s are related on the translations. The string used in your email is not present on our end, so it is a customisation.
The customisation has potentially been done as a translation override as Nicolas said, or maybe edited directly in the email. So you can edit it back from the menu System > Emails.
3. There is no pages with only rate and comment in HikaShop, but this can be done via a view override. In the email you can edit the product link in order to add a parameter in the url, for example "&rate=true".
Then edit the view "product / show_default" and display or hide the parts based on the following if condition:
1. The %s are related on the translations. The string used in your email is not present on our end, so it is a customisation.
The customisation has potentially been done as a translation override as Nicolas said, or maybe edited directly in the email. So you can edit it back from the menu System > Emails.
3. There is no pages with only rate and comment in HikaShop, but this can be done via a view override. In the email you can edit the product link in order to add a parameter in the url, for example "&rate=true".
Then edit the view "product / show_default" and display or hide the parts based on the following if condition:
Code:
$onlyRate = JRequest::getVar('rate',false);
if(!$onlyRate){
// this content will not be displayed if only rate mode
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225565
by gioxd
Replied by gioxd on topic Order email problem and email customization
Thanks for the reply.
I found this string, which perhaps is the right one:
But I have not yet figured out how to fix it. I restored the customizations in system> email.
I do not think it is a translation problem, I restored the original version of the translation.
What could be the problem?
I found this string, which perhaps is the right one:
Code:
echo JText::sprintf('ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE',$url,HIKASHOP_LIVE, hikashop_getDate(time(),'%d %B %Y'), hikashop_getDate(time(),'%H:%M'));?>
I do not think it is a translation problem, I restored the original version of the translation.
What could be the problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #225623
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Order email problem and email customization
Hi,
As I explained in my first message, you want to do a translation override.
The translation is this:
If you want only laputea.com instead of the full URL, you could change it to:
As I explained in my first message, you want to do a translation override.
The translation is this:
Code:
ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE="We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. %s at %s on the %s at %s"
Code:
ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE="We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. %s at laputea.com on the %3$s at %4$s"
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227239
by gioxd
Replied by gioxd on topic Order email problem and email customization
Hello,
I do not wish only "laputea.com" but enter the correct time! When the time is replaced by " www.laputea.com ", but in the field there is time, not a link! Now it is explicit? Is not a problem of translation...
I do not wish only "laputea.com" but enter the correct time! When the time is replaced by " www.laputea.com ", but in the field there is time, not a link! Now it is explicit? Is not a problem of translation...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227241
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Order email problem and email customization
Hi,
Here more details about sprintf function and how to use it.
php.net/manual/en/function.sprintf.php
If you do not give the right number of parameters or not in the right order ; you will have unexpected results.
Please adjust the parameters and also the translations ; you can use a specific tag in order to select a precise parameter and not follow the classical order.
But in some ways, it is a translation problem.
Regards,
Here more details about sprintf function and how to use it.
php.net/manual/en/function.sprintf.php
If you do not give the right number of parameters or not in the right order ; you will have unexpected results.
Please adjust the parameters and also the translations ; you can use a specific tag in order to select a precise parameter and not follow the classical order.
But in some ways, it is a translation problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gioxd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228933
by gioxd
Replied by gioxd on topic Order email problem and email customization
Problem solved, thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds