customized articles at order entry
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
Dear,
Il would like to manage articles that can be customized by the client.
When the client add the article to the cart, he should be able to enter personnalized text (like nickname).
This text should be recorded, and appears in the confirmation order mail and in the order management process, so that our team can use it to prepare and send the order.
I have the business and multi vendor version of Hikashop.
Is there any plugin to do that?
If I have to write it, what could be the good design of this extension?
Especially, in which table should be recorder the personnlized text?
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can create a custom field of the table "item" and of the type "text" via the menu Display>Custom fields and that will do that automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It works fine.
But now, in the product list, we have a button "choose option" which let us enter the text.
Is it possible to change the text of the button "Choose option" to put something like "Enter nickame"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That should work like that.
If you try with the default template of Joomla, does it work ?
Can you provide a link to the product page with the custom field so that we can see that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can join it at test.debienne.fr
I create a login for you:
- login: hikashop
- pwd: hikashop
If you access to the product details, you can fill the field "Nom Enfant". It has been marked with "*" to show that this field is mandatory.
You are forced to enter something.
BUT, if you click, from the list of products, on the button "Ajouter au panier", the product is added to the basket, and you are not asked to fill the personnalized field.
And unfortunately, you can valid the order without filling the field.
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I actually don't see that field at all on the products listing:
take.ms/bXVrL
It should actually not be possible to see the add to cart button on the listing with a custom item field added to the product if you don't display the custom fields on the listing. So I think it comes from a modification of the view files.
So let me ask again:
If you try with the default template of Joomla, does it work ?
If it does, it would confirm my theory and renaming the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product would probably solve the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You see the field from the product detail ( test.debienne.fr/index.php/hikashop-menu...ng/product/7-liste-1 )
I use the protostar template.
In my understanding, it is the default template.
I've the feeling that it work differently a month ago, and I've updated hikashop to version 2.6.1
regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you edit the menu item of that listing page via the Joomla menu manager and check that the "custom item fields" setting there is activated ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, please provide a backend access via our contact form with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for the access. I think I understand the issue.
Please change the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I had forgotten a debug test on the view. I've removed it. Sorry for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm afraid I'm still able to make an order without filling the field.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also change the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
it works.
Thanks a lot for your very good support.
regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.