- Posts: 224
- Thank you received: 8
How to customize user registration process?
10 years 7 months ago #230002
by oloccina
How to customize user registration process? was created by oloccina
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.41
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
since Hikashop use Joomla user registration process I was wondering if any change/customization made to that will reflect in Hikashop checkout > user registration interface
I mean e.g. if I install a plugin to allow registration by email (with automatic password generation).
I am asking because for example I have "Register with Facebook Google+" in my Joomla registration button (they are added by JFBConnect component), but I don't see them in Hikashop checkout > user registration interface.
Thank you
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.41
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
since Hikashop use Joomla user registration process I was wondering if any change/customization made to that will reflect in Hikashop checkout > user registration interface
I mean e.g. if I install a plugin to allow registration by email (with automatic password generation).
I am asking because for example I have "Register with Facebook Google+" in my Joomla registration button (they are added by JFBConnect component), but I don't see them in Hikashop checkout > user registration interface.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230039
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to customize user registration process?
Hi,
If the customer register with another method than the common or the HikaShop one that should not be a problem.
Once in the HikaShop checkout the customer will be able to login, and fill the missing data for HikaShop.
But, if the component/plugin used for the registration is not integrated with HikaShop it will not be displayed by default in the checkout registration process.
If you use a module, you can potentially edit the view "user / registration" (or registration_bootstrap) to add the code:
Which is a Joomla code allowing to display a module anywhere.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
If the customer register with another method than the common or the HikaShop one that should not be a problem.
Once in the HikaShop checkout the customer will be able to login, and fill the missing data for HikaShop.
But, if the component/plugin used for the registration is not integrated with HikaShop it will not be displayed by default in the checkout registration process.
If you use a module, you can potentially edit the view "user / registration" (or registration_bootstrap) to add the code:
Code:
{loadposition xx}
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230061
by oloccina
Replied by oloccina on topic How to customize user registration process?
Thanks, good to know.
My only doubt is that by using a custom module for user registration
the checkout process would be interrupted...
I'll have to test this.
My only doubt is that by using a custom module for user registration
the checkout process would be interrupted...
I'll have to test this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #230162
by oloccina
Replied by oloccina on topic How to customize user registration process?
When I customize a view via Hikashop display>views panel
that customization will be overwritten whenever I update the component?
An in this case, do you have a tutorial to completely override a view?
Thank you!
that customization will be overwritten whenever I update the component?
An in this case, do you have a tutorial to completely override a view?
Thank you!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by oloccina.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #230164
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic How to customize user registration process?
Hello,
Yes, you can find here a tutorial to understand the way to customize (override) view.
Regards,
Yes, you can find here a tutorial to understand the way to customize (override) view.
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230347
by oloccina
Replied by oloccina on topic How to customize user registration process?
Thanks Philip,
so if understand correctly from your tutorial by using Hikashop display > view panel
any change I do will NOT be overwritten when I update the component.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you
so if understand correctly from your tutorial by using Hikashop display > view panel
any change I do will NOT be overwritten when I update the component.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230350
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to customize user registration process?
That's right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds