- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 2
Recaptcha plugin on registration
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF, Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : We couldn't contact the reCAPTCHA server to verify your answer. Please try again.
HI Hikacrew !
I got a problem I just can't seem to fix.
The recaptcha on the registration page (only) just won't working properly.
I keep getting this error message :
We couldn't contact the reCAPTCHA server to verify your answer. Please try again.
Now I've read all the posts on this site about it, but none of the solutions has worked for me.
The odd things is that the recaptcha plugin works fine on the contact page.
And it also seems as if it doesn't install properly as the language files doesn't load and it looks strange in the module/plugin manager in Joomla. (c.f: attachment)
Help , it's sort of urgent.
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's possible that you have an old version of the plugin because we fixed an issue with that a few weeks ago.
So try downloading the install package of the plugin and install it again, maybe that will help.
The fact that the version and date are not correctly filled in the extension manager is not a problem. It's just that we didn't set them when we published the version you have.
If that still doesn't help, it might just mean that the server is not able to connect to the outside because the "allow_url_fopen" setting of your php.ini isn't set to On or that your hosting company doesn't allow outgoing connections. So you might want to contact your hosting company and check that with them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Well it's not a version problem, as it's the latest.
And no, it's not thbe not the allow_url_fopen as it is on.
And as I mentioned it work on the contact page; and for guess checkout (I just found out yesterday).
So why not on the registration form?
Listen, I've had this issue for over a week now, been troubleshooting and reading this entire forum to fix it,
and at this point I really losing patience.
Your plugin is the only reason my clients site is not online !!
So please fix this issue now as your plugin is causing my client to lose a lot of money !!
Thx.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am unable to get it to work either:
×
Error
We couldn't contact the reCAPTCHA server to verify your answer. Please try again.
I have tried all the php.ini "solutions", plugin solutions etc etc but it does not work.
Any help at all is desperately needed - will pay $
Please - some solution!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I had skipped the fact that it worked for the contact form. And knowing that it works for the guest checkout is an important hint too.
These mean that the problem doesn't come from the plugin or your server.
It must come from the fact that you've activated either the captcha option of Joomla or the recaptcha plugin of Joomla and so Joomla's recaptcha intercepts the registration event sent by HikaShop and tries to check the captcha itself, but it fails because it is not configured.
That explains why you don't have the problem in the guest checkout or the contact form since in these cases, there is no registration event, and thus the captcha system of Joomla is not called if activated.
So if I'm right (and all you said leads to that), our plugin has nothing to do with your client website not online, and it is just a misconfiguration of your Joomla...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Unfortunately, what you mention is not the case, as I haven't enabled the Joomla captcha/recaptcha option.
As I said, I read all the posts and got a lot of info from them, and checked all points mentioned in them too.
It's not like I didn't do all the research first.
But the fact remains, it just is not working.
And the longer it doesn't work, the more money we lose.
Do you want login access?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I too have disabled all other captcha related resources and carefully followed every step listed.
If I search on google and there are a ton of other users with this problem.
Really stuck right now.
Nicolas: may I hire you to take a look, correct anything I may have missed before I pull the plug on Hika and move on?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To my regred I did end up with the same situation as all others in this topic, so this means that the recaptcha is working for the contact form and the guest check-out, but it is not working as intended on the customer registration page.
The fact is that, altough you get the "We couldn't contact the reCAPTCHA server to verify your answer. Please try again", the recaptcha is resolved and the user is created in the backend, so it must be something that is going wrong with the php code.
So I did start to compare the php code I have from the older and the new version and did remove anything that seems unneeded.
The only part that seems to give problems is this:
function onBeforeUserUpdate(&$user, &$do){
if(@$_REQUEST=='com_hikashop' && @$_REQUEST=='user' && @$_REQUEST=='register' || @$_REQUEST=='com_hikashop' && @$_REQUEST=='checkout' )
return $this->onBeforeUserCreate($user, $do);
}
function onBeforeUserCreate(&$user, &$do){
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
if ($app->isAdmin() || (@$_REQUEST=='com_updateme' && @$_REQUEST=='subscription' && @$_REQUEST=='api')) return true;
$this->_init();
if(!$this->params->get('registration',1)){
return true;
}
$do = $this->_checkCaptcha();
}
In fact this is the only part from the new code I did keep in place, since without it I would end up with the old code and this does make it work for the guest check-out.
For the moment I will use the old version, since it will allow the normal registration and request information forms to work with the recaptcha. The guest check-out will have the recaptcha as well and customers can click it and resolve it's riddles but it does nothing with respect to blocking them if they use it or not to proceed to the check-out.
Just my two cents, not sure if I am looking in the right place or the rigth file
Rene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is my experience as well - the registration information is being captured but the ReCaptcha error appears.
Is there any way the older plugin can be made available?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The user gets created eventhough it says the captcha failed.
But, in turn, the subscription confirmation email isn't being sent either, so they can't activate their accounts.
my 2 cents, hopes this helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
File removed, please use the latest version of the Hikashop Recaptcha V2 it should work (24.04.2016)
Rene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Brilliant -
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
please specify what is and what is not working please.
Rene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
ReCaptcha displays
Links with Google and performs test
Form submission successful
Email back to confirm reg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I guess it's my turn now ...(for now)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
please check the other forms as well, if implemented (request information, guest check-out).
Rene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Afternoon nicolas,
I am still tinkering with the latest version of the recaptcha plugin and have a question.
function _checkCaptcha(){
$user = JFactory::getUser();
if (!$user->guest) {
return true;
Will check if the if the user is a guest, but as soon as you enter the information on the registration page and click register you are no longer a guest but a registred user.
If you register on guest check-out you are not entred in the Joomla user list and if you request information as a guest you get the recaptcha but not if you are logged in as a registred user, so that will alll function as it should.
Could it be that the plugin will run into a problem at the moment the user level does change?
Rene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
forget my previous message, did set the user registration level to guest and public instead to registred and the problem is the same.
Rene
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.