- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
Custom fields not shown in front end Checkout workflow
9 years 2 months ago #275169
by idimarco
Custom fields not shown in front end Checkout workflow was created by idimarco
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.mangialarossa.com/index.php/en/shop/...kout/task-show/cid-3
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Notice: Undefined index: option in /home/mangialaym/www/modules/mod_falang/helper.php on line 119
Hi,
After upgrading to Essential version 3.1, all custom fields I had created as "order" table are no more shown in the front end checkout workflow.
In the attachment the fields which I can not see in front end checkout. Could you please help in fixing the problem?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Notice: Undefined index: option in /home/mangialaym/www/modules/mod_falang/helper.php on line 119
Hi,
After upgrading to Essential version 3.1, all custom fields I had created as "order" table are no more shown in the front end checkout workflow.
In the attachment the fields which I can not see in front end checkout. Could you please help in fixing the problem?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #275183
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom fields not shown in front end Checkout workflow
Hi,
Edit the custom fields and check their display settings so that they are configured like you want. Save them once just in case.
If that doesn't help, it must be related to custom view files of your checkout.
Try renaming the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout if you have it in order to deactivate all the view overrides for the HikaShop checkout. If the fields appear after that, then it indicates that one of the view files in that folder has a problem. You can then rename them one by one in order to identify which one it is.
Edit the custom fields and check their display settings so that they are configured like you want. Save them once just in case.
If that doesn't help, it must be related to custom view files of your checkout.
Try renaming the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout if you have it in order to deactivate all the view overrides for the HikaShop checkout. If the fields appear after that, then it indicates that one of the view files in that folder has a problem. You can then rename them one by one in order to identify which one it is.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #275234
by idimarco
Replied by idimarco on topic Custom fields not shown in front end Checkout workflow
Hi Nicolas,
I see now the problem. I tried to create a new custom field and choose "order" in table but in the drop down list there is no "order" item to select but only "address", "user", "product", "category" . I therefore understand that the custom fields I created as "order" when I had the old Hikashop version are kept in the upgrade version but not working. Why? Is "order" option restricted to Business version only?
Thanks
I see now the problem. I tried to create a new custom field and choose "order" in table but in the drop down list there is no "order" item to select but only "address", "user", "product", "category" . I therefore understand that the custom fields I created as "order" when I had the old Hikashop version are kept in the upgrade version but not working. Why? Is "order" option restricted to Business version only?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #275245
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom fields not shown in front end Checkout workflow
Hello,
I think that Nicolas miss the point that you update website where HikaShop Business was installed with HikaShop essential.
The website you mentioned had an expired HikaShop Business license (bought by another account two years ago).
So generally speaking, you perform an update (newer version) but not an upgrade.
That's how you removed the Business features, including the "item" and the "order" custom fields.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ing.html#description
If you want to retrieve HikaShop Business, you can upgrade your HikaShop essential :
www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
By re-installing HikaShop Business you will reactivate the features and restore the display of the order custom field. Please be sure that your configuration is not lost.
Regards,
I think that Nicolas miss the point that you update website where HikaShop Business was installed with HikaShop essential.
The website you mentioned had an expired HikaShop Business license (bought by another account two years ago).
So generally speaking, you perform an update (newer version) but not an upgrade.
That's how you removed the Business features, including the "item" and the "order" custom fields.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ing.html#description
If you want to retrieve HikaShop Business, you can upgrade your HikaShop essential :
www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
By re-installing HikaShop Business you will reactivate the features and restore the display of the order custom field. Please be sure that your configuration is not lost.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #275284
by idimarco
Replied by idimarco on topic Custom fields not shown in front end Checkout workflow
Does it mean that I should pay additional €49,95 to retrieve HikaShop Business even if I already paid for HikaShop Essential ? Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #275287
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom fields not shown in front end Checkout workflow
Hi,
Yes, the custom fields of the table "order" are only available with the Business edition.
It's normal that you don't get them on your checkout if you have the Essential edition.
Yes, the custom fields of the table "order" are only available with the Business edition.
It's normal that you don't get them on your checkout if you have the Essential edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds