- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
File Upload and Custom Field Failure
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 1 month ago #276096
by wildweststudios
File Upload and Custom Field Failure was created by wildweststudios
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : DEPRECATED: METHODS WITH THE SAME NAME AS THEIR CLASS WILL NOT BE CONSTRUCTORS IN A FUTURE VERSION OF PHP; GETHIKASHOPTAB HAS A DEPRECATED CONSTRUCTOR IN /MNT/DATA/VHOSTS/CASITE-620018.CLOUDACCESS.NET/HTTPDOCS/COMPONENTS/COM_COMPROFILER/PLUGIN/USER/PLUG_HIKASHOPCBPLUGIN/HIKASHOP.PHP ON LINE 17
Hi,
I'm having an increasing problem with some customers where their file uploads and custom field inputs are not working.
For example, they are buying a product which must be created, so they upload a list of names (excel, text, doc, etc.) with the file upload field, or simply paste in the names into a text area custom field we have created for this purpose.
These fields are placed in the Item table and appear for each product, as different products may need different names.
Each customer has their own login and specific products, and is a member of their own Joomla user and access group
When we get the admin notification, we get the value of the text area printed right with the product, and the link to the uploaded file as well.
This has been working fine for years, but now something is off.
I don't know why, but for some customers, it works fine and others are not able to upload or send any names. It appears from their end that it works, but we don't get the file link in our admin email, or the text from the text area.
I have been able to determine that the file IS uploaded. When I test with a problem user account, as usual I do not get the attachment link in my admin email, but I do see the actual file when going to the upload directory via FTP.
However, the input text into the text area is completely lost.
So from this info is there any clue what is going on? I must admit I am at a loss of what to test.
My initial thought was it must be the user group/access itself, but there's not much I can do with that except resave them, and that didn't work. I also tried creating anew user, but still the problem persisted. The products don't seem to be the issue as they are set up the same as working products. But it has to be something.
Thanks for any help.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : DEPRECATED: METHODS WITH THE SAME NAME AS THEIR CLASS WILL NOT BE CONSTRUCTORS IN A FUTURE VERSION OF PHP; GETHIKASHOPTAB HAS A DEPRECATED CONSTRUCTOR IN /MNT/DATA/VHOSTS/CASITE-620018.CLOUDACCESS.NET/HTTPDOCS/COMPONENTS/COM_COMPROFILER/PLUGIN/USER/PLUG_HIKASHOPCBPLUGIN/HIKASHOP.PHP ON LINE 17
Hi,
I'm having an increasing problem with some customers where their file uploads and custom field inputs are not working.
For example, they are buying a product which must be created, so they upload a list of names (excel, text, doc, etc.) with the file upload field, or simply paste in the names into a text area custom field we have created for this purpose.
These fields are placed in the Item table and appear for each product, as different products may need different names.
Each customer has their own login and specific products, and is a member of their own Joomla user and access group
When we get the admin notification, we get the value of the text area printed right with the product, and the link to the uploaded file as well.
This has been working fine for years, but now something is off.
I don't know why, but for some customers, it works fine and others are not able to upload or send any names. It appears from their end that it works, but we don't get the file link in our admin email, or the text from the text area.
I have been able to determine that the file IS uploaded. When I test with a problem user account, as usual I do not get the attachment link in my admin email, but I do see the actual file when going to the upload directory via FTP.
However, the input text into the text area is completely lost.
So from this info is there any clue what is going on? I must admit I am at a loss of what to test.
My initial thought was it must be the user group/access itself, but there's not much I can do with that except resave them, and that didn't work. I also tried creating anew user, but still the problem persisted. The products don't seem to be the issue as they are set up the same as working products. But it has to be something.
Thanks for any help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
9 years 1 month ago #276108
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Actually, after looking in the database I see the info entered into the text area does indeed make it to the database.
This looks like an issue where for some reason those custom fields in conjunction with some users or products just does not make it into my admin email order notification.
This looks like an issue where for some reason those custom fields in conjunction with some users or products just does not make it into my admin email order notification.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276102
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hello,
Can you please indicate your HikaShop build number ?
We made some fixes around the item custom fields in the past months so we would need to know if you have all the required patchs or if something is missing.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...onfig.html#main_main
Regards,
Can you please indicate your HikaShop build number ?
We made some fixes around the item custom fields in the past months so we would need to know if you have all the required patchs or if something is missing.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...onfig.html#main_main
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
9 years 1 month ago #276169
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hi Jerome,
sure, I have build number listed as 1706081655
sure, I have build number listed as 1706081655
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276170
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hello,
Okay.
So please re-download HikaShop 3.1.1 in order to get the latest patches.
Regards,
Okay.
So please re-download HikaShop 3.1.1 in order to get the latest patches.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
9 years 1 month ago #276188
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hi Jerome, I did just now download and install the latest, but unfortunately it did not fix the issue.
Now my build reads as "1708111031".
But when I complete a purchase with one of the problem accounts the same thing happens, the link to the uploaded file is missing in my admin email as well as the text from the text area field.
Again, checking in the database the data is there, but it is still a mystery why only those accounts/products are affected.
Now my build reads as "1708111031".
But when I complete a purchase with one of the problem accounts the same thing happens, the link to the uploaded file is missing in my admin email as well as the text from the text area field.
Again, checking in the database the data is there, but it is still a mystery why only those accounts/products are affected.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276207
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hello,
If you got the data in your database, it's good.
Now, would it be possible to have more details about your custom field configuration ?
Please note that you can try to re-save your custom field settings in order to be sure that the "display" rules are right stored.
Regards,
If you got the data in your database, it's good.
Now, would it be possible to have more details about your custom field configuration ?
Please note that you can try to re-save your custom field settings in order to be sure that the "display" rules are right stored.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
9 years 1 month ago #276245
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Sure, I will attach the screenshots of the fields here. There is the text area and a file upload field.
I tried changing some of the settings and re-saving a few times. Specifically I thought maybe it was the category restriction, so instead of just putting the top category and setting "Including sub categories" to Yes, I specifically enabled the problem category, but it had no effect.
I tried changing some of the settings and re-saving a few times. Specifically I thought maybe it was the category restriction, so instead of just putting the top category and setting "Including sub categories" to Yes, I specifically enabled the problem category, but it had no effect.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276247
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hello,
It might looks strange but you need to display your item custom field on "backend listing".
Afterwards, I recommend you to just remove the "product category" from the category restriction ; it will just slow down the system by forcing HikaShop check the categories while it obviously include all categories.
Regards,
It might looks strange but you need to display your item custom field on "backend listing".
Afterwards, I recommend you to just remove the "product category" from the category restriction ; it will just slow down the system by forcing HikaShop check the categories while it obviously include all categories.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wildweststudios
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
9 years 1 month ago #276507
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hi Jerome, this seems to have fixed it, the problem accounts are now showing those fields as they were before.
Is there any reason why it would only affect certain groups/accounts? At this stage I 'm still unsure if it was the accounts themselves or the actual products assigned to those groups that was the problem.
Is there any reason why it would only affect certain groups/accounts? At this stage I 'm still unsure if it was the accounts themselves or the actual products assigned to those groups that was the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276527
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic File Upload and Custom Field Failure
Hi,
For the same custom field, it should be the same regardless of the user account, user group. So I don't see why that would be the case.
For the same custom field, it should be the same regardless of the user account, user group. So I don't see why that would be the case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds