Volume is off
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
So, even before I updated to the most recent version of HikaShop, every so often I noticed a shipping charge that was just WAY off and I would have to refund some money back to people (I think it's criminal to keep this as it's not right).
Today I've finally figured it out. If you look at the attached image, the volume for the items in the cart is 300 inches. How can this be correct? Perhaps it is...in a 2 dimensional world...but we all know shipping takes place in boxes, so I can stack some of this on top of the others.
Each of these products are in the exact same blister packing. They measure 3in wide x 5in long x 1.25in high.
Is there maybe a setting I don't see or understand that could help in correcting this issue?
Thank you very much
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Philip wrote: Hello,
I think that you have to look into your product configuration page :
This part have to be set only to define product volume and works with some shipping method to define shipping price.
So maybe for virtual product you have to let this empty.
Hope this will help you.
Regards
I've chekced that every time, and they are listed properly at their correct measurements.. All products are physical, so I have them in hand, none are virtual...and it only happens every so often, like maybe 1 tieout of 10...but it scares the heck out of the customer when it does because shipping is so much they refuse to pay.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Shipping methods won't calculate or use product volumes, they just send product dimensions/weight to the shipping platform and let them do the job. If you are having issue with your shipping methods, feel free to give us more information about it.
However, we'll do some tests on the volume displayed through the back-end customer "cart" details page (which isn't used via shipping plugins).
Thank you for your feedback.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Shipping methods won't calculate or use product volumes, they just send product dimensions/weight to the shipping platform and let them do the job. If you are having issue with your shipping methods, feel free to give us more information about it.
However, we'll do some tests on the volume displayed through the back-end customer "cart" details page (which isn't used via shipping plugins).
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you Mohamed. If you need exact weights for each of those listed items, please let me know...I'll get them for you.
As I added them in the order shown...when I got to the last ones (20-800 Hex Base)...if I put 5 or less in the cart...shipping was right. Once I put 6, 7 or 8...shipping was double what it should be and what USPS actually charged...so something is definitely going on.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please provide details so we can understand what is going on.
But you can be sure that the "volume" is not the issue there ; since that information is not used by shipping plugins (they send dimensions+weight about all products, not the entire cart and not volumes).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Jerome wrote: Hello,
Please provide details so we can understand what is going on.
But you can be sure that the "volume" is not the issue there ; since that information is not used by shipping plugins (they send dimensions+weight about all products, not the entire cart and not volumes).
Regards,
Sure thing...in order as shown on the image
Warwolf Prime - 20-5083
This product is 1.8oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blisters
HawkWolf HWK-4F - 20-5161
This product is 3.4oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 3 blisters
Nyx NX-80 / NX-90 - 20-5041
This product is 2.2oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blisters
Lament LMT-2R - 20-5093
This product is 2.5oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blisters
Marauder MAD-7D / MAD-9D - 20-5160
This product is 3.2oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 2 blisters
Hex Based (4) - 20-800
This product is 2.5oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 8 blisters
Each blister dimension is the same. 5in x 3in x 1.25in
Ship from Zip Code is 53406. Ship to Zip Code is 98101
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Here is the list of products...
Tomahawk II Prime - 20-5118
This product is 3.2oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Deimos - 20-5021
This product is 3.1oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Blood Asp Prime - 20-492
This product is 3.9oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Daishi "Dire Wolf" Prime - 20-607RE
This product is 2.9oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Masakari "Warhawk" Prime - 20-605RE
This product is 2.6oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Cauldron-Born "Ebon Jaguar" Prime - BT-253
This product is 3.1oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Black Hawk "Nova" Prime - BT-014
This product is 2.0oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Mad Cat "Timber Wolf" Prime - 20-603RE
This product is 2.0oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Thor II "Grand Summoner" Prime - BT-305
This product is 2.6oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Loki MK II A - BT-408
This product is 2.4oz per blister...customer purchased a total of 1 blister
Large Flat Top Hex Base #2 - 99-202
This product is 1.0oz per PART, they do NOT come in blisters...customer purchased a total of 22
Ship From Zip Code is 53406. Ship to Zip Code is 34453
This time the shipping was billed at $19.20...actual shipping was $10.20, so I had to refund the person $9.00.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
We just tested it with the "20-800 Hex Base" product and here is information that are sent to the USPS platform when you have 8 products on your cart :As I added them in the order shown...when I got to the last ones (20-800 Hex Base)...if I put 5 or less in the cart...shipping was right. Once I put 6, 7 or 8...shipping was double what it should be and what USPS actually charged...so something is definitely going on.
And here is information that are sent to the USPS platform when you have 9 products on your cart :
Which means that the USPS shipping plugin had to "send" 2 packages instead of 1 so that it won't exceed USPS package limitations, that's why the price nearly "doubled".
A solution can eventually be to set the "Use product dimension" to NO, through your USPS configuration page.
Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thank you very much!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.