- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
I want to add a view cart button/option
- jimphillips
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 3 months ago #294081
by jimphillips
I want to add a view cart button/option was created by jimphillips
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.henchmode.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.18
I'm not using the cart in legacy mode.
I am using the Hikashop cart module in "dropdown cart mode" and currently the only way customers can view their cart is by clicking on the small text link displayed by the Hikashop cart module.
I want to create a more obvious way for customers to check their cart contents, and I have tried to create a Joomla menu option which links to the separate cart module (not displayed in mini-cart dropdown mode). It will successfully display a page with the cart contents, but the "checkout with card" button does not work. Whenever you press it, it simply reloads the page again.
Whenever this menu item and shopping cart module are published, it prevents the "checkout with card" button working on the main cart module which displays in drop down mode. Unpublishing the menu item with separate cart module restores functionality to the main cart module.
Any idea how I can fix this, or suggestions for a simpler, more obvious way for custoemrs to check their cart contents?
Thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.18
I'm not using the cart in legacy mode.
I am using the Hikashop cart module in "dropdown cart mode" and currently the only way customers can view their cart is by clicking on the small text link displayed by the Hikashop cart module.
I want to create a more obvious way for customers to check their cart contents, and I have tried to create a Joomla menu option which links to the separate cart module (not displayed in mini-cart dropdown mode). It will successfully display a page with the cart contents, but the "checkout with card" button does not work. Whenever you press it, it simply reloads the page again.
Whenever this menu item and shopping cart module are published, it prevents the "checkout with card" button working on the main cart module which displays in drop down mode. Unpublishing the menu item with separate cart module restores functionality to the main cart module.
Any idea how I can fix this, or suggestions for a simpler, more obvious way for custoemrs to check their cart contents?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294102
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I want to add a view cart button/option
Hi,
First, instead of creating a menu item with a random type and adding the display of a cart module to it, you can instead create a menu item of the type "hikashop cart" so that it displays the cart without going through the module.
Also, if the proceed to checkout button doesn't work, it's probably an issue with the "force a menu on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
Please make sure that this setting is set to a menu item of the type "HikaShop checkout" and that should work fine.
First, instead of creating a menu item with a random type and adding the display of a cart module to it, you can instead create a menu item of the type "hikashop cart" so that it displays the cart without going through the module.
Also, if the proceed to checkout button doesn't work, it's probably an issue with the "force a menu on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
Please make sure that this setting is set to a menu item of the type "HikaShop checkout" and that should work fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jimphillips
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #294111
by jimphillips
Replied by jimphillips on topic I want to add a view cart button/option
Thanks for this Nicolas
I only have the option to create a checkout style menu, which forces the user to regsiter. I want them to be able to check cart without registering.
Under "Menu Item Type > Hikashop" I do not see an option for "hikashop cart". Am I looking in the right place?
I only have the option to create a checkout style menu, which forces the user to regsiter. I want them to be able to check cart without registering.
Under "Menu Item Type > Hikashop" I do not see an option for "hikashop cart". Am I looking in the right place?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294114
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I want to add a view cart button/option
Hi,
Under the "menu item type > hikashop" you have the type "cart display". Select it and the menu item will link directly to the display of the current cart. And it doesn't require you to have a user account to access that type of menu items.
Under the "menu item type > hikashop" you have the type "cart display". Select it and the menu item will link directly to the display of the current cart. And it doesn't require you to have a user account to access that type of menu items.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jimphillips
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #294145
by jimphillips
Replied by jimphillips on topic I want to add a view cart button/option
Thanks for your reply.
I do not appear to have this option. Screenshot attached.
I'm up to date on Joomla and Hikashop versions.
Is it a module/plugin that I have turned off maybe?
I do not appear to have this option. Screenshot attached.
I'm up to date on Joomla and Hikashop versions.
Is it a module/plugin that I have turned off maybe?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294153
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I want to add a view cart button/option
Hi,
I had missed the fact that you're using the Starter edition of HikaShop.
The "cart display" menu item is part of the multicart capabilities of the commercial editions of HikaShop, so that explains why you don't see it.
Then, as an alternative, what you could do is use the type "checkout", and in the "checkout workflow" of the HikaShop configuration, you could configure a first step with only the cart view.
I had missed the fact that you're using the Starter edition of HikaShop.
The "cart display" menu item is part of the multicart capabilities of the commercial editions of HikaShop, so that explains why you don't see it.
Then, as an alternative, what you could do is use the type "checkout", and in the "checkout workflow" of the HikaShop configuration, you could configure a first step with only the cart view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds