- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics ignored at checkout
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #305597
by DaveVT
Characteristics ignored at checkout was created by DaveVT
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
wslvt.nl/nl/shoptrainersonly
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
I have a shop that sells clothing. For example t-shirts.
If a person adds 2 shirts size L (default characteristic) and 3 shirts size XL the cart wil show 5x size L. So the default charecteristic is automatically chosen.
How do I fix this? I need help urgently as shop is offline now....
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
I have a shop that sells clothing. For example t-shirts.
If a person adds 2 shirts size L (default characteristic) and 3 shirts size XL the cart wil show 5x size L. So the default charecteristic is automatically chosen.
How do I fix this? I need help urgently as shop is offline now....
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by DaveVT.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago #305606
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
Hi,
I can't be sure as I couldn't find a link to the shop on your website to check on the issue.
However, the most likely cause is that you have some customization on the product page which broke the HTML of the page.
Switch temporarily to the default template of Joomla and try again and you should see that it works fine.
In that case, you'll want to rename the files in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ in order to identify the view override which is creating the problem.
I can't be sure as I couldn't find a link to the shop on your website to check on the issue.
However, the most likely cause is that you have some customization on the product page which broke the HTML of the page.
Switch temporarily to the default template of Joomla and try again and you should see that it works fine.
In that case, you'll want to rename the files in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ in order to identify the view override which is creating the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveVT
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #305612
by DaveVT
Replied by DaveVT on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
Thanks for replying to me.
I tried playing with the default templates. But the problem persists.
Neither I see a folder named com_hikashop under /YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/ Might that be the issue?
I you want to help me, I can allow you login....
For frontend go here: wslvt.nl/nl/shoptrainersonly
Login: Test
Pwd: Welcome01
I tried playing with the default templates. But the problem persists.
Neither I see a folder named com_hikashop under /YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/ Might that be the issue?
I you want to help me, I can allow you login....
For frontend go here: wslvt.nl/nl/shoptrainersonly
Login: Test
Pwd: Welcome01
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by DaveVT.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #305618
by DaveVT
Replied by DaveVT on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
Anyone, please, I can use some help 
I found out that in the backend, if I want to change an order or add an item to an order, I neither can't select the characteristics for color and size.
Perhaps this is related...
[Moderator :] Please, don't edit your message a longtime after you had posted it ! It mess our work organisation... And will increase your answer delay.
If you have something to add create a new message, thanks for your attention.
I found out that in the backend, if I want to change an order or add an item to an order, I neither can't select the characteristics for color and size.
Perhaps this is related...
[Moderator :] Please, don't edit your message a longtime after you had posted it ! It mess our work organisation... And will increase your answer delay.
If you have something to add create a new message, thanks for your attention.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago #305617
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
Hi,
You have several javascript errors on your pages:
monosnap.com/file/3imAIefRYBAxRusMBH7oHpUWtmnrt5
Because of that, the javascript of the characteristic system is not initialized and it doesn't replace the variant data when you change the selected variants.
The biggest problem you have comes from something called Async Drift which adds script tags around its javascript code which is adds again inside the script tags. So it invalidates the whole javascript as it sees the script tags in the middle of the javascript code.
monosnap.com/file/IvQk5SwbL1N9r4RZMJIM8qArsMqL3d
You have several javascript errors on your pages:
monosnap.com/file/3imAIefRYBAxRusMBH7oHpUWtmnrt5
Because of that, the javascript of the characteristic system is not initialized and it doesn't replace the variant data when you change the selected variants.
The biggest problem you have comes from something called Async Drift which adds script tags around its javascript code which is adds again inside the script tags. So it invalidates the whole javascript as it sees the script tags in the middle of the javascript code.
monosnap.com/file/IvQk5SwbL1N9r4RZMJIM8qArsMqL3d
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago #305629
by DaveVT
Replied by DaveVT on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
Thanks, that gives me some direction to search for....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 5 months ago #305660
by DaveVT
Replied by DaveVT on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 5 months ago #305665
by DaveVT
Replied by DaveVT on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 5 months ago #305667
by DaveVT
Replied by DaveVT on topic Characteristics ignored at checkout
FIXED IT!!!
The Drift snippet caused the trouble. The code was somehow also automatically added to the template of the site and therefore available on every page of the site. Removed it. Now it seems to work fine!
The Drift snippet caused the trouble. The code was somehow also automatically added to the template of the site and therefore available on every page of the site. Removed it. Now it seems to work fine!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds