- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Changing Address causes Custom View to be ignored
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I have a custom view for show-block-cart.php however when someone chooses a different address in the checkout, the page refreshes with the original show-block-cart file. This seems to be somehow related to Ajax. If I then refresh the browser it again finds the correct file. I need to resolve this as a matter of urgency as the site is live.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The AJAX system does support overrides.
So the only reason I can think of is that during the AJAX call to refresh the "cart" view, another template of your website is being used and this other template doesn't have the override on show_block_cart.php
So I would recommend first to do two things:
- do the override on show_block_cart.php for all your template on the frontend and see if that helps.
- if not, you could provide a link to the shop with precise instructions to reproduce the issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I replied to you by email then with this message:
You must have got the email in your spam folder for some reason.Hi,
It's you who gave me the .com URL, and not the .com.au URL. The first link to the .com.au URL you gave didn't work, and the second one you gave was the .com URL... I'm sorry but I'm working with what I have.
I'm not able the reproduce the same problem you're talking about.
When I follow your instructions, I arrive on the checkout with only one address already preselected. So I can't select another one.
So I went and tried to create a new address.
But then, when I validate the new address, I get that error:
monosnap.com/file/gCQT1mbhgryvdMdtgyDD5egvHikCQE
Could you activate the "debug mode" of the Joomla configuration to get the full error message so that I can tell you what to do to fix that issue ?
Best regards,
Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Edit. OK found the problem,. The custom shipping plugin only recognizes Australian postcodes and the address you added was in France. Will need to put some error checking into our plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The debug mode activation was to understand where that 1054 error message was coming from. Since you already figured out, then no need to activate it.
The shipping fees are calculated dynamically each time the cart is loaded.
It's done with a call to the onShippingDisplay function of the plugins of the group "hikashopshipping".
So I don't know why a payment plugin would modify the shipping fees, but in that case, it's possible that it won't be triggered all the time since it isn't in the hikashopshipping group and isn't supposed to implement the onShippingDisplay function.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First we need to recap where we're at.
What is the current problem you're trying to solve ? A mysql query error ? The layout of the cart not using the override upon address change ? Something else ?
And why do you think it comes from this custom shipping plugin ?
If you deactivate and use instead the default Australia Post shipping plugin you don't have the problem ?
If you could give a zip of the plugin and tell us what was customized in there, that might also help us better understand the situation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.