- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
My installation only allows a 25 character Registration Username
- phillips_chris@hotmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 5 months ago #317146
by phillips_chris@hotmail.com
My installation only allows a 25 character Registration Username was created by phillips_chris@hotmail.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
Hi,
I'm new to Hikashop and have searched for an answer to this.
It must be possible to have longer Usernames than 25 characters, since Joomla allows it and so does this Forum, but in my installation only 25 characters are enterable. I'd like to use email address as username.
Regards,
Chris
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
Hi,
I'm new to Hikashop and have searched for an answer to this.
It must be possible to have longer Usernames than 25 characters, since Joomla allows it and so does this Forum, but in my installation only 25 characters are enterable. I'd like to use email address as username.
Regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317147
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic My installation only allows a 25 character Registration Username
Hi,
Are you sure this is the HikaShop registration form ?
As far as I know HikaShop has no limitation on the number of characters on the username.
And I don't know of such option for the Joomla registration form either.
So I'm not sure on how you would have that.
Could you give a link to that registration form page so that we can check it out ?
Are you sure this is the HikaShop registration form ?
As far as I know HikaShop has no limitation on the number of characters on the username.
And I don't know of such option for the Joomla registration form either.
So I'm not sure on how you would have that.
Could you give a link to that registration form page so that we can check it out ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- phillips_chris@hotmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #317190
by phillips_chris@hotmail.com
Replied by phillips_chris@hotmail.com on topic My installation only allows a 25 character Registration Username
Hi,
The site is verify-it.uk . I have set you up as an Administrator in Joomla with a Usename and Password which are both 'Nicolas'.
If you select the menu item 'Our Plans' add one to the Cart and then click 'Proceed to Checkout' you should see the Registration form.
Incidentally I notice this morning that the selected menu item's background is no longer blue, it is white which means it's vanished. I suspect that may be the template rather than Hikashop.
Thanks,
Chris
The site is verify-it.uk . I have set you up as an Administrator in Joomla with a Usename and Password which are both 'Nicolas'.
If you select the menu item 'Our Plans' add one to the Cart and then click 'Proceed to Checkout' you should see the Registration form.
Incidentally I notice this morning that the selected menu item's background is no longer blue, it is white which means it's vanished. I suspect that may be the template rather than Hikashop.
Thanks,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317191
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic My installation only allows a 25 character Registration Username
Hi,
Ok, thanks for the access, I see what you mean now.
So it's not really a PHP restriction you're talking about. It's just the limitation of the HTML input field.
You can easily change that on your end.
For that, go in the menu Display>Views and edit the file sub_block_login_registration.php for your frontend template.
There, you can find this line of HTML for the username input field:
you can just increase the value of the "maxlength" attribute there to have more characters possible and save and you'll be good to go.
Ok, thanks for the access, I see what you mean now.
So it's not really a PHP restriction you're talking about. It's just the limitation of the HTML input field.
You can easily change that on your end.
For that, go in the menu Display>Views and edit the file sub_block_login_registration.php for your frontend template.
There, you can find this line of HTML for the username input field:
Code:
<input type="text" name="data[register][username]" id="register_username" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'username' ));?>" class="hkform-control validate-username" maxlength="25" size="30" />
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillips_chris@hotmail.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- phillips_chris@hotmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #317218
by phillips_chris@hotmail.com
Replied by phillips_chris@hotmail.com on topic My installation only allows a 25 character Registration Username
Hi,
Thanks very much for the quick reply.
Can you tell me where I can find Display>Views? Is it in Joomla, Hikashop or the template lt_finex. I've tried looking in all 3.
I have seen 'Views' before in my travels but can't find it now.
Thanks,
Chris
Thanks very much for the quick reply.
Can you tell me where I can find Display>Views? Is it in Joomla, Hikashop or the template lt_finex. I've tried looking in all 3.
I have seen 'Views' before in my travels but can't find it now.
Thanks,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317219
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic My installation only allows a 25 character Registration Username
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillips_chris@hotmail.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds