- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Checkout on tablet doesn't work
- martial.duchamp@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 4 months ago #318710
by martial.duchamp@gmail.com
Checkout on tablet doesn't work was created by martial.duchamp@gmail.com
-- url of the page with the problem -- : duchampdrive.fr
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Dear,
After some items are added in the card, then the card validated, I'm directed to the login page (with the card below). At this stage, all works fine on phone/PC/MAC but the 'valider votre commande' does not react when on android tablet. I have not idea why so.
Thank you in advance for your help
Martial
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Dear,
After some items are added in the card, then the card validated, I'm directed to the login page (with the card below). At this stage, all works fine on phone/PC/MAC but the 'valider votre commande' does not react when on android tablet. I have not idea why so.
Thank you in advance for your help
Martial
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318719
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I tried on an android tablet here as well as chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/androi...nopmja/related?hl=en which simulates and android tablet.
In both cases, the "valider votre commande" button worked fine.
So I'm not sure how I can help. I can only think that it's the tablet you're using which has a problem. Or maybe the problem is only on some android tablets, or some browsers, or some versions of the tablets.
I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I tried on an android tablet here as well as chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/androi...nopmja/related?hl=en which simulates and android tablet.
In both cases, the "valider votre commande" button worked fine.
So I'm not sure how I can help. I can only think that it's the tablet you're using which has a problem. Or maybe the problem is only on some android tablets, or some browsers, or some versions of the tablets.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- martial.duchamp@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #318732
by martial.duchamp@gmail.com
Replied by martial.duchamp@gmail.com on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
Thank you for looking at. It indeed works with the online emulator you mentioned in the previous message. I have installed a SDK of android ( www.2daygeek.com/install-configure-sdk-a...d-emulator-on-linux/ ) and used Android 4.1.2 (the same as my tablet) and Android 6.0 (random choice). For both the "valider votre commande" button does not work. I do understand they are old versions of Android but many of my clients use such old versions, and thus can't command on my site. Any chance you can provide a solution to fix this issue?
Thank you
Martial
Thank you for looking at. It indeed works with the online emulator you mentioned in the previous message. I have installed a SDK of android ( www.2daygeek.com/install-configure-sdk-a...d-emulator-on-linux/ ) and used Android 4.1.2 (the same as my tablet) and Android 6.0 (random choice). For both the "valider votre commande" button does not work. I do understand they are old versions of Android but many of my clients use such old versions, and thus can't command on my site. Any chance you can provide a solution to fix this issue?
Thank you
Martial
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318736
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
Well, to provide a solution, I would first need to reproduce the problem and then understand what is the problem.
I was able to reproduce the issue with the default browser of android 4 and 6 using the emulator genymotion.
From what I can see, the issue is that there is some javascript error on the page (which could be due to HikaShop's javascript or another extension's javascript on the page), leading to the javascript on the buttons of HikaShop not working.
Because of that, when you click on the "add to cart" button, it will directly redirect to the checkout, instead of displaying the notification box, like on a recent android device. And also because of that the "finish" button of the checkout doesn't work.
Now, we would need to know the javascript error to be able to move forward.
Looking online, I can see that it's possible like this:
android.stackexchange.com/questions/5999...do-those-settings-do
However, I wasn't able to activate the debug on my emulator and I don't know why.
Are you able to do it on your devices ? If so, what do you get in the javascript console ?
Well, to provide a solution, I would first need to reproduce the problem and then understand what is the problem.
I was able to reproduce the issue with the default browser of android 4 and 6 using the emulator genymotion.
From what I can see, the issue is that there is some javascript error on the page (which could be due to HikaShop's javascript or another extension's javascript on the page), leading to the javascript on the buttons of HikaShop not working.
Because of that, when you click on the "add to cart" button, it will directly redirect to the checkout, instead of displaying the notification box, like on a recent android device. And also because of that the "finish" button of the checkout doesn't work.
Now, we would need to know the javascript error to be able to move forward.
Looking online, I can see that it's possible like this:
android.stackexchange.com/questions/5999...do-those-settings-do
However, I wasn't able to activate the debug on my emulator and I don't know why.
Are you able to do it on your devices ? If so, what do you get in the javascript console ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- martial.duchamp@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #318793
by martial.duchamp@gmail.com
Replied by martial.duchamp@gmail.com on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
Great. I could not look in debug mode as it is my customer's tablet. But I have changed some of the options in config. advanced and put 'yes' for checkout legacy, in that case the checkout even does not work on my computer. It seems there is something wrong with the checkout. I wanted to check the checkout options in demo.hikashop.com but the configuration panel is not available. Any reason why we can't access it in the demo version, that would be very helpful.
I could give you access to my back-end if it would be helpful for you to look at it. I'm loosing a few customers because of that.
Martial
Great. I could not look in debug mode as it is my customer's tablet. But I have changed some of the options in config. advanced and put 'yes' for checkout legacy, in that case the checkout even does not work on my computer. It seems there is something wrong with the checkout. I wanted to check the checkout options in demo.hikashop.com but the configuration panel is not available. Any reason why we can't access it in the demo version, that would be very helpful.
I could give you access to my back-end if it would be helpful for you to look at it. I'm loosing a few customers because of that.
Martial
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318795
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
I wouldn't recommend activating the "checkout legacy" setting. This would switch you to the old checkout. It won't work as great as the new checkout especially on recent versions of PHP as it was made years ago.
And the demo website configuration page is not available so that people can't mess with it (to avoid abuse which we got in the past).
The thing is that I don't have the issue on our demo website (which is not using the legacy checkout) with an old android tablet.
So this means that the javascript error is not in HikaShop but on something else on your website.
So instead of trying to get the javascript error, what you could do is find the cause of the problem the other way around:
Disable the modules and system plugins one by one and see if it helps.
Now, I checked your website checkout and it seems you don't have the "popup mode" setting set to "vex". Because of that, it uses jQuery's popup, while that's not the case with the demo website. And as you have an old version of jQuery in Joomla, your issue might be linked to that. Try to change that setting to vex, that might help. And anyways, popups will work better in general with vex.
Also, jQuery is used because of the privacy consent yes/no radio you have on the registration form, which we don't have on the demo website. Try turning off the pricavy consent system plugin and see if that helps.
I wouldn't recommend activating the "checkout legacy" setting. This would switch you to the old checkout. It won't work as great as the new checkout especially on recent versions of PHP as it was made years ago.
And the demo website configuration page is not available so that people can't mess with it (to avoid abuse which we got in the past).
The thing is that I don't have the issue on our demo website (which is not using the legacy checkout) with an old android tablet.
So this means that the javascript error is not in HikaShop but on something else on your website.
So instead of trying to get the javascript error, what you could do is find the cause of the problem the other way around:
Disable the modules and system plugins one by one and see if it helps.
Now, I checked your website checkout and it seems you don't have the "popup mode" setting set to "vex". Because of that, it uses jQuery's popup, while that's not the case with the demo website. And as you have an old version of jQuery in Joomla, your issue might be linked to that. Try to change that setting to vex, that might help. And anyways, popups will work better in general with vex.
Also, jQuery is used because of the privacy consent yes/no radio you have on the registration form, which we don't have on the demo website. Try turning off the pricavy consent system plugin and see if that helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- martial.duchamp@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #318823
by martial.duchamp@gmail.com
Replied by martial.duchamp@gmail.com on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
We (my brother) had fixed the pb, he followed @ stackoverflow.com/questions/33001246/unc...st-function-class-no . He added "use strict" at the top of hikashop.js. If it safe to do so? At least it now works on all the devices tested. The error message we got before to add "use strict" on the tablet is attached.
Thank you
Martial
We (my brother) had fixed the pb, he followed @ stackoverflow.com/questions/33001246/unc...st-function-class-no . He added "use strict" at the top of hikashop.js. If it safe to do so? At least it now works on all the devices tested. The error message we got before to add "use strict" on the tablet is attached.
Thank you
Martial
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318826
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
I see what's the problem.
It comes from the line:
The browser on these android devices doesn't like the "let" command (which is valid).
The use strict solution is good yes.
However, I would only add it at the top of the refreshFilters function where that let is.
Can you confirm that it works like that too so that we can include it by default ?
monosnap.com/file/T1FAV4WTY1e6L0qO85LnWtGU4AGTH2
Thanks for the feedback.
I see what's the problem.
It comes from the line:
Code:
for(let i = 0; i < refreshAreas.length; i++) {
The use strict solution is good yes.
However, I would only add it at the top of the refreshFilters function where that let is.
Can you confirm that it works like that too so that we can include it by default ?
monosnap.com/file/T1FAV4WTY1e6L0qO85LnWtGU4AGTH2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- martial.duchamp@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #319266
by martial.duchamp@gmail.com
Replied by martial.duchamp@gmail.com on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
We have changed accordingly and I not found any issues related to that change. Thank you a lot.
Martial
We have changed accordingly and I not found any issues related to that change. Thank you a lot.
Martial
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #319279
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout on tablet doesn't work
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. We did some testing on our end too and it seems to work fine with that change. We'll thus include it for the next version of HikaShop.
Thank you for your feedback. We did some testing on our end too and it seems to work fine with that change. We'll thus include it for the next version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds