- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Best/Recommended place to put password requirements on checkout
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
5 years 3 months ago #333809
by joshualdouglas
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.dah01.jroot.layer3.co.uk/index.php/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
Hello,
Where is the best/recommended place to put password requirements on checkout?
I want users to know that passwords should be 6 characters minimum and contain 1 number. I could use some HTML in a module at the top but that would look clunky. I tried using a language override on "Password" but that sadly affects the "Password" on "Login" too.
Is there a better way of doing this?
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
Hello,
Where is the best/recommended place to put password requirements on checkout?
I want users to know that passwords should be 6 characters minimum and contain 1 number. I could use some HTML in a module at the top but that would look clunky. I tried using a language override on "Password" but that sadly affects the "Password" on "Login" too.
Is there a better way of doing this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333811
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Best/Recommended place to put password requirements on checkout
Hi,
You can directly edit the file sub_block_login_registration.php via the menu Display>Views and add your text after the input for the password.
You can directly edit the file sub_block_login_registration.php via the menu Display>Views and add your text after the input for the password.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #333834
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Best/Recommended place to put password requirements on checkout
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for this. I found this file but I'm not sure where to put my custom text. Could you please tell me what line I need to edit?
Thanks,
Josh.
Thanks for this. I found this file but I'm not sure where to put my custom text. Could you please tell me what line I need to edit?
Thanks,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333838
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Best/Recommended place to put password requirements on checkout
Hi,
That's the line to display the password input field:
So you can just add your text directly after that.
That's the line to display the password input field:
Code:
<input autocomplete="off" type="password" name="data[register][password]" id="register_password" value="" class="hkform-control validate-password" size="30" >
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #333844
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Best/Recommended place to put password requirements on checkout
Perfect! Thank you so much!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds