Skip to main content

Translate checkout steps

More
4 years 10 months ago #336949 by verzevoul
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3

Hi!

Where can i translate the text of the checkout steps?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #336951 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translate checkout steps
Hi,

You can do so with translation overrides. Instead of entering your text there, enter new translation keys and add them with the text in the override of the language file when you edit your language file in the languages tab of the HikaShop configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #336972 by verzevoul
Replied by verzevoul on topic Translate checkout steps
Hi,

What will i write exactly? Could you give me an example?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #336973 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translate checkout steps
Hi,

For example, you could write: MY_SECOND_STEP_NAME
And then, you could add the translation override:
MY_SECOND_STEP_NAME="The text I want"
The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #337014 by verzevoul
Replied by verzevoul on topic Translate checkout steps
Hi,

Still not getting it!
Could you do it for me to understand?
I will send you login credentials.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #337016 by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Translate checkout steps
Hello,

Have you read this documentation to see how to perform override views of your translation files ?

Also, if you could go into more detail on what is preventing you from getting what you need, we could better help you.
We keep your references for later, because the best way to progress on your subject is to do your translation yourself, as shown here :

and here :


Hope this will help us to progress on your subject.
Regards
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #337062 by verzevoul
Replied by verzevoul on topic Translate checkout steps
Hello !
I tried PAY_SEND in step 3 for exaple
and in language >>
PAY_SEND="Πληρωμή & Αποστολή"
But it didn t work.
I also tried in step 3 name <?php echo JText::_('PAY_SEND'); ?>
with no luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #337063 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translate checkout steps
Hi,

I'm not able to try. When I try to add the translation override, I get an error in your backend:
i.imgur.com/htsZZCR.png
Don't you get that same error ?

You can circumvent the error by directly modifying the translation override file via FTP in language/overrides/en-GB.override.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #337075 by verzevoul
Replied by verzevoul on topic Translate checkout steps
Its ok Nikolas !
Thank you very much. I m dealing with this through cpanel (filemanager)
I made it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum