- Posts: 366
- Thank you received: 26
Limit amount of products with coupon
4 years 10 months ago #337274
by Thrane
Limit amount of products with coupon was created by Thrane
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
Hi
I hope I can explain what I would like to archive
I'm going to email some of my customers that they can purchase some tickets before normal sale begins.
In the email I will tell them, that they can only purchase 2 tickets in all (I have 2 types of tickets).
But do you have any ideas on how to get this working, so a customer isn't buying more than 2 tickets?
I know I can limit the amount per. checkout on the item, but the customer still is able to buy 2 x ticket 1 and 2 x ticket 2 this way - AND just go back after this purchase and do another one - makes sense?
I was thinking of a coupon that could be used only once and would give access to 2 x ticket (either 2 x ticket 1, 2 x ticket 2 or 1 x ticket 1 + 1 x ticket 2).
But is this possible? Or do you have another great idea how to solve this?
Regards
Thomas
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
Hi
I hope I can explain what I would like to archive
I'm going to email some of my customers that they can purchase some tickets before normal sale begins.
In the email I will tell them, that they can only purchase 2 tickets in all (I have 2 types of tickets).
But do you have any ideas on how to get this working, so a customer isn't buying more than 2 tickets?
I know I can limit the amount per. checkout on the item, but the customer still is able to buy 2 x ticket 1 and 2 x ticket 2 this way - AND just go back after this purchase and do another one - makes sense?
I was thinking of a coupon that could be used only once and would give access to 2 x ticket (either 2 x ticket 1, 2 x ticket 2 or 1 x ticket 1 + 1 x ticket 2).
But is this possible? Or do you have another great idea how to solve this?
Regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 10 months ago #337282
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Limit amount of products with coupon
Hi,
A coupon won't help you here.
What you can do is use the limit system in the menu Products>Limits.
There, you can create a limit which can be on several products and enforce it on the current cart only, or on a period of time, or forever.
So you can create a "forever" limitation and set a quantity limit of 2 so that people won't be able to purchase more than 2 of the products with the same user account, no matter what.
Now they could still do it by creating different user accounts. But you won't be able to avoid that.
A coupon won't help you here.
What you can do is use the limit system in the menu Products>Limits.
There, you can create a limit which can be on several products and enforce it on the current cart only, or on a period of time, or forever.
So you can create a "forever" limitation and set a quantity limit of 2 so that people won't be able to purchase more than 2 of the products with the same user account, no matter what.
Now they could still do it by creating different user accounts. But you won't be able to avoid that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 10 months ago #337298
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Limit amount of products with coupon
Thanks, I have used the limit and works great.
And then added a low-tech solution:
I added a new Warehouse with a shipping cost, which will be removed when a coupon is used.
And then added a low-tech solution:
I added a new Warehouse with a shipping cost, which will be removed when a coupon is used.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds