- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 2
Product is not available
3 years 9 months ago #347432
by Twincarb
Product is not available was created by Twincarb
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
I have a setup where I have categories that are public and others that are restricted by user groups.
With a user logged in they are able to view the "restricted items" however I have an issue that when selecting an item in the "restricted" area it can but not all the time, come up with "product unavailable" this is despite the item being set to unlimited qty.
When this happens I can navigate to an item which is available to someone not registered on the site add it to the cart and then go back to a "restricted" item and it will then add to the cart.
I was able to force this issue to happen by navigating to the basket and selecting "Empty the cart" and then go to any category which requires the user to be logged in with a usergroup that needs to be logged on with and then following the instructions above.
Thanks in advance
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
I have a setup where I have categories that are public and others that are restricted by user groups.
With a user logged in they are able to view the "restricted items" however I have an issue that when selecting an item in the "restricted" area it can but not all the time, come up with "product unavailable" this is despite the item being set to unlimited qty.
When this happens I can navigate to an item which is available to someone not registered on the site add it to the cart and then go back to a "restricted" item and it will then add to the cart.
I was able to force this issue to happen by navigating to the basket and selecting "Empty the cart" and then go to any category which requires the user to be logged in with a usergroup that needs to be logged on with and then following the instructions above.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347434
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product is not available
Hi,
Could you provide precise steps to reproduce the issue on your website with a test user account and a screenshot of the settings of the product/category involved (or a backend access) so that we can look into it ?
Could you provide precise steps to reproduce the issue on your website with a test user account and a screenshot of the settings of the product/category involved (or a backend access) so that we can look into it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347435
by Twincarb
Replied by Twincarb on topic Product is not available
I have just downgraded to 4.4.5 on a local version of the site which is running J4 & php 7 and I see there isn't an option to "Empty the cart" but when I upgrade the shop there to 4.7.0 the error happens.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347438
by Twincarb
Replied by Twincarb on topic Product is not available
nicolas,
Thanks for your response, I have just sent a message using the support "contact us" page with log on details and exact details to follow to be able to replicate the issue
Thanks for your response, I have just sent a message using the support "contact us" page with log on details and exact details to follow to be able to replicate the issue
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347481
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product is not available
Hi,
Thank you for the access. I'm able to reproduce the issue on your website.
That's great. I looked at the code on our end for that "The product %s is not available" error message, and I think it comes from the function checkQuantities in class.cart which verifies that the product can be added to the cart before adding it.
I think it has something to do with the user group check done with the code
Would it be possible to also have a FTP access in order to add some debugging around that code in order to check the situation deeper ?
Thank you for the access. I'm able to reproduce the issue on your website.
That's great. I looked at the code on our end for that "The product %s is not available" error message, and I think it comes from the function checkQuantities in class.cart which verifies that the product can be added to the cart before adding it.
I think it has something to do with the user group check done with the code
Code:
if(empty($msg) && !in_array($product['data']->parent_product_access, array('', 'all')) && hikashop_level(2)) {
if(!empty($cart->user_id)) {
$userClass = hikashop_get('class.user');
$user_groups = $userClass->getGroups( (int)$cart->user_id );
$parent_product_groups = explode(',', $product['data']->parent_product_access);
hikashop_toInteger($parent_product_groups);
$intersect = array_intersect($user_groups, $parent_product_groups);
}
if(empty($intersect))
$msg = JText::sprintf('PRODUCT_NOT_AVAILABLE', $id);
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347484
by Twincarb
Replied by Twincarb on topic Product is not available
Hi thanks for looking into this, I am glad you have been able to replicate the issue as well.
I have just set up and passed on the ftp details via contact us. I am travelling with work at the moment so haven't been able to confirm the ftp is working. Any issues let me know and I can address them Thursdat
I have just set up and passed on the ftp details via contact us. I am travelling with work at the moment so haven't been able to confirm the ftp is working. Any issues let me know and I can address them Thursdat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347493
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product is not available
Hi,
We got the FTP access but it's not working. No worries, just check it when you get back.
We got the FTP access but it's not working. No worries, just check it when you get back.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347554
by Twincarb
Replied by Twincarb on topic Product is not available
FTP is now working, I have sent new log on details to Contact us
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347570
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product is not available
Hi,
Thanks. I was able to investigate and added a patch for the issue.
Once a cart was emptied, and if you added to the cart a product with variants where the main product was restricted by user group and even if you were logged in with access to the product, it was possible the add to cart would be refused due to the system not properly retrieving the current user id.
It seems to be working fine on your website now. I've also added the patch on our end for the next version of HikaShop.
Thanks. I was able to investigate and added a patch for the issue.
Once a cart was emptied, and if you added to the cart a product with variants where the main product was restricted by user group and even if you were logged in with access to the product, it was possible the add to cart would be refused due to the system not properly retrieving the current user id.
It seems to be working fine on your website now. I've also added the patch on our end for the next version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347571
by Twincarb
Replied by Twincarb on topic Product is not available
Hi Nicolas,
Many thanks for your assistance in resolving the issue, I have just checked and all seems to be working correctly
Many thanks for your assistance in resolving the issue, I have just checked and all seems to be working correctly
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #347827
by webwerk
Replied by webwerk on topic Product is not available
It seems I have the same issue. Is the patch publicly available?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by webwerk.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347829
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product is not available
Hi,
Yes. After some further testing on our end, we've added it as a hot patch without waiting for the next release, which is scheduled for the end of January.
So to get the patch, download again the install package of the 4.7.0 on our website and install it on your website.
Yes. After some further testing on our end, we've added it as a hot patch without waiting for the next release, which is scheduled for the end of January.
So to get the patch, download again the install package of the 4.7.0 on our website and install it on your website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webwerk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds