Skip to main content

Optional Billing Address

More
3 years 8 months ago #348189 by johnnybgoodwin
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11

For download product you don't need an address at all, unless the customer wants an invoice with their address on. Requiring the address every time might be a disincentive for some people, so can it be optional? I don't see a way for customer to add their address if they want to. (I'm not using customer log in, because if I enable registration on the site I get 75 fake registrations a day, despite recaptcha!)

How do we it optional for the customer to enter their address?

Thank you

John
(I have been trying to find this in documentation and forum - if its already answered somewhere, my apologies)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #348194 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Optional Billing Address
Hi,

First, beware that not asking for the billing address might be illegal based on your location. The billing address is usually necessary to know the location of the user which can affect the sales tax and potential other taxes you might have to charge the user. So you might want to check with your local tax office first.

What you can do is go in the menu Display>Custom fields.
There, you can either make the fields optionnal by turning off their "required" option, or disabling them if you don't want to allow the users to enter their address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnnybgoodwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #348196 by johnnybgoodwin
Okay great, thanks. (We don't do enough volume for sales tax - product sales is a side item! And its not necessary to get the address where I am). Appreciate your response.
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum