- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Problem with new custom field and shipping methods
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Torch 25.0.0.3831
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello, I have a problem with a new custom field and shipping method which I can´t find a resolution to in the forum posts. Please forgive me if I have overlooked one. My situation is that the national shipper for which I have created shipping methods with different weight ranges also has 3 different pricing zones depending on different cities. Since I will also be accepting orders from outside the country I can´t use the cities field directly because many will be outside the country and not be relevant to this shipping scheme. So I created a new custom field for shipping zones and set it up to use payment zones. Then I created payment zones for all the corresponding cities in my country. This looks great on the form and auto creates it´s own dropdown list. I also created Shipping zones for the 3 shipping zones in my country and set as sub-zones the payment zones (cities) that are within the respective shipping zones. The shipping methods have restrictions for the shipping zones. The problem is that the shipping method is not showing up. I think that the problem has to be that Hikashop is not recognizing the payment zones I have set up for the new custom field, because I have tested the set up by set up a country zone as a sub-zone of the payment zone and then it does cause the shipment method to show up correctly. How can I get Hikashop to recognize the zones themselves that are entered into the new custom field?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The shipping zone option will apply a restriction based on your customer shipping address and more precisely on your customer address_state and address_country custom field values.
So can you :
1. Follow each step of the shipping section of the FAQ, and tell me if it solved your problem.
2. show me through some screenshots how did you configured your shipping methods and give me a link to your website.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Shipping restrictions will be based on the default Hikashop custom fields like address_state/address_country, but you can still edit the code of Hikashop to base you restrictions on different custom fields.drandyb wrote: if it is possible for HikaShop to use data from a new custom field which I create in applying restrictions or is it strictly limited to using information from the custom fields which come with the extention
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Shipping restrictions will be based on the default Hikashop custom fields like address_state/address_country, but you can still edit the code of Hikashop to base you restrictions on different custom fields.
OK, based on what Mohamed told me and due to the fact that I am fairly new to all this and not really educated in writing code, I tried to set up things using what Hikashop provides out of the box so that I can sell products within my country and also sell and ship to other countries. This means, of course, that I need more than one shipper and there are different rate schedules for international than for within my country. So what I tried to do was use the two custom fields that I was told could work with zones: address_state and address_country. I used address_country for country zones – ok. I changed the address_state label to “zonas de envio” and set it to use the “payment zones I have set up to work with shipping rates within my country. Both of these work fine separately if the other is un-published. But when both are published, the address_state field overrides the address_country, so that the values entered into the address_country are not available. How can I eliminate this conflict so that both will work together as they should and I can offer products to international customers as well as national customers?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.