Skip to main content

Shipping Costs - Under 1kg items overwriting all.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120600 by ivibes
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ivibes.co.nz
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 2.5.14

After some trial and error I have come to realise that my lightest product (0.25kg) is not being included is my cheapest shipping value (0.0 - 2kg) unless 4 of this product is ordered which would equal 1kg.
What this means is my public customers are getting free shipping on their orders, even if other items they order are over 1kg. It seems to override the other products.

The shipping weight of each item should be accumulated to determine the shipping costs.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120647 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Firstly can you tell me how did you configured your product and your shipping methods through some screenshots ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivibes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #120773 by ivibes
Attached the screenshots, one of the cheapest shipping item config and one of the lightest product config.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by ivibes. Reason: file not attached

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120774 by ivibes
another screen shot from the configuration screen that may be helpful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120858 by Mohamed Thelji
Did you forgot to attach the screenshots ? :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120949 by ivibes
Sorry I thought I had...here I'll try again.





Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121057 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
I think that the problem is coming from the fact that you product don't have any volume, can you try it with a volume in you 0.25kg product ? Also are you sure that your shipping address was a New Zealand address ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121180 by ivibes
Hi.
Yes confirmed it was a New Zealand address.
I don't have volume for any of the products, do you think I need to add volume to all the products or just this one?
I did mark the minimum and maximum volume to the lowest shipping cost to 0 and that didn't make any difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121224 by Mohamed Thelji
Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end for testing purpose through a private message ?
So I'll probably be able to see from where the problem is coming from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #121247 by Mohamed Thelji
I don't have a full access to your Hikashop configuration, so can you show me how did you configured your "checkout workflow" option through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" with some screenshots ?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #121505 by ivibes
I set you as admin so not sure why you have limited access. If you need me to add your email to the login just pm it.
Here's the screen shot :

Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by ivibes. Reason: wrong atttachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #121532 by Mohamed Thelji
Ok, so the problem is probably coming from the fact that you didn't put any "shipping" action through your checkout workflow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121656 by ivibes
o.k so I added shipping to the shopping cart process (is it in the right place?)



Then I got this while trying to check out:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121661 by ivibes
ok, so what I have done is I selected yes for "Auto submit shipping and payment selection" and it seems to be working.

I had to remove the shipping from the checkout process as it drew a blank screen in the process.

I will trial a few more and confirm the problems solved.

Thanks very much for your time!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #121685 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
I think that the problem is only coming from your shipping restrictions configuration, so you should just check the weight and dimensions of your orders, and the weight/dimensions restrictions of each shipping methods.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum