- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Restrictions not working
Hello,
I am having an issue with configuring my shipping. I tried to restrict a manual flat rate shipping option to just the lower 48 states of USA by creating a zone that covered the rest of the world and adding that zone as a restriction. However it did not work and I cannot add any zone as a restriction and have the flat rate shipping option work. I also cannot get UPS to come up as an option at all.
I have weights for my products (same units) and the flat rate shipping option works if I have zero restrictions, but I can't go live with it like that obviously.
Any help would be appreciated and if I could suggest a feature for later versions, it would be offer an "all but this" option for selecting restrictions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The zone that you select in the zone restriction of shipping methods has to be either of the type "country", "state" or "shipping". If it's another type, it won't be taken into account.
Also, you can only select one zone in the restriction.
And the states, need to be published, and added as sub zones to that zone or it won't work.
Also, it needs to be the same state zones as the ones displayed for the state dropdown of the address. If you use other zones, the system won't be able to match them.
Finally, regarding UPS, if you don't get any results, it's either that the UPS plugin itself is not configured properly or that the products don't have a weight/dimensions setup. If you turn off the other shipping methods and only keep the UPS one, it will display an error message telling you why it can't display the UPS shipping methods.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok, thanks for the help but it is still not working. I just tried this -
I created a new shipping zone, saved it and added just "Afghanistan" as a sub zone. I then used that shipping zone as a restriction to my flat rate shipping. Both UPS and my manual flat rate shipping are published. When I enter an address in USA I get the message "No shipping method found".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Regarding your UPS shipping method can you follow each step of the shipping methods section of the Hikashop FAQ . Also can you show me some screenshots of how did you configured your 2 shipping methods ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hello. I followed the FAQ. I can get the manual shipping to work, but as soon as I add a single zone restriction, it will not work anymore. screen shot should be below. I have tried it on the live site, and on a test site. I get the same problem. I am using Joomla 3 and a yootheme template with their widgetkit enabled. If it would help I can give you the test address and admin info via private message. I hate to ask for help but I can't find anything on this in the forum that has worked for me. The settings that are not in the pic are blank.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, it was unpublished because I was testing the UPS for error messages as you suggested.
As I am trying to explain, the manual shipping works, but ONLY when there is no restriction added. That is what I need help with. There is no restriction on it now, so when you tested it did you get it to work with a shipping zone restriction? I am unable to get it to work with one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sure I tested it with a shipping zone restriction and your shipping method was only showing with a shipping address from Afghanistan, can you tell me with which shipping address do you test it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What shipping restriction worked for you?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.