- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
12 years 11 months ago #127178
by matps
Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone was created by matps
Hi There,
I have a shipping price set up for the United Kingdom, and what I'm trying to do now is setup different delivery prices for the highlands of Scotlands, so (I assume this what I need to do) I'm setting up several Shipping Methods with zone restrictions to get the result I'm looking for. To start off with I'm using Inverness-shire (INV), so I created a test account using this county in the address.
However, I'm seeing both shipping methods appearing in the checkout page, one for the UK and another for my new Scottish shipping method. I think this is because Inverness-shire is in the UK Zone in the Hikashop backend. However if I delete Inverness-shire, then press save, it just appears back in the list.
Is it not possible to remove a 'state' from a 'zone'?
Regards,
Matthew
I have a shipping price set up for the United Kingdom, and what I'm trying to do now is setup different delivery prices for the highlands of Scotlands, so (I assume this what I need to do) I'm setting up several Shipping Methods with zone restrictions to get the result I'm looking for. To start off with I'm using Inverness-shire (INV), so I created a test account using this county in the address.
However, I'm seeing both shipping methods appearing in the checkout page, one for the UK and another for my new Scottish shipping method. I think this is because Inverness-shire is in the UK Zone in the Hikashop backend. However if I delete Inverness-shire, then press save, it just appears back in the list.
Is it not possible to remove a 'state' from a 'zone'?
Regards,
Matthew
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127209
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi,
It depends, which HikaShop version (number) have you ?
Regards,
It depends, which HikaShop version (number) have you ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127213
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi Jerome,
I have HikaShop Business: 2.2.1, which I believe is the latest version.
Regards,
Matthew
I have HikaShop Business: 2.2.1, which I believe is the latest version.
Regards,
Matthew
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127217
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi,
The current latest HikaShop version is 2.2.2 but it is not yet published in the auto-updater.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html
Regarding the change log, I don't see any mention of a fix about a deletion for a sub-element in a zone.
Can you reproduce the problem in the demo website ?
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...m_hikashop&ctrl=zone
I have personally made some tests (in the demo website) and it works fine for most I know and for what I test.
But maybe I didn't made the same manipulation than you.
Regards,
The current latest HikaShop version is 2.2.2 but it is not yet published in the auto-updater.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html
Regarding the change log, I don't see any mention of a fix about a deletion for a sub-element in a zone.
Can you reproduce the problem in the demo website ?
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...m_hikashop&ctrl=zone
I have personally made some tests (in the demo website) and it works fine for most I know and for what I test.
But maybe I didn't made the same manipulation than you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127311
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for that, I will upgrade to the latest version.
I can recreate the problem in the demo site. If you login, filter by united kingdom and then edit it, what I want to do next is delete the state Inverness-shire (so I can then assign it to a new zone called Scottish Highlands). However once I delete Inverness-shire and click on save, it still shows Inverness-shire after.
Thanks for that, I will upgrade to the latest version.
I can recreate the problem in the demo site. If you login, filter by united kingdom and then edit it, what I want to do next is delete the state Inverness-shire (so I can then assign it to a new zone called Scottish Highlands). However once I delete Inverness-shire and click on save, it still shows Inverness-shire after.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127369
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi,
Right !
The problem is just with states which include a dash in the name.
I will work on a fix and submit a new package as soon as possible.
Thanks for the report.
Regards,
Right !
The problem is just with states which include a dash in the name.
I will work on a fix and submit a new package as soon as possible.
Thanks for the report.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #129877
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi Jerome,
Any more progress on this, or are you doing a few updates before the next release?
Thanks again for all your help.
Kind Regards,
Matthew
Any more progress on this, or are you doing a few updates before the next release?
Thanks again for all your help.
Kind Regards,
Matthew
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #129998
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi,
I am not sure that the fix is in the latest package. But we submit it.
For the moment you can edit the file: "administrator/components/com_hikashop/controllers/toggle.php" and replace
By:
It will fix the problem.
I checked the database and the problem of the dash in for only 3 states. No country or other states are impacted.
Regards,
I am not sure that the fix is in the latest package. But we submit it.
For the moment you can edit the file: "administrator/components/com_hikashop/controllers/toggle.php" and replace
Code:
function delete(){
list($value1,$value2) = explode('-',JRequest::getCmd('value'));
Code:
function delete(){
list($value1,$value2) = explode('-', JRequest::getCmd('value'), 2);
I checked the database and the problem of the dash in for only 3 states. No country or other states are impacted.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #130032
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi Jerome,
That did the trick, but I've noticed the checkout behaving strangely now (perhaps it was before, but I've noticed it now playing with zones)
If you look at the first image, I've only got one delivery option available for Mainland UK. Now if I untick the 'Use the same address as for billing' and select the same address, only then can I now select the new option for my Scottish Highlands delivery option (it also seems to duplicate addresses as seen in the second image)
Is this a bug or do you know why this is happening? Inverness-shire is in both Mainland and Scottish Highlands zones if that helps.
Regards,
Matthew
That did the trick, but I've noticed the checkout behaving strangely now (perhaps it was before, but I've noticed it now playing with zones)
If you look at the first image, I've only got one delivery option available for Mainland UK. Now if I untick the 'Use the same address as for billing' and select the same address, only then can I now select the new option for my Scottish Highlands delivery option (it also seems to duplicate addresses as seen in the second image)
Is this a bug or do you know why this is happening? Inverness-shire is in both Mainland and Scottish Highlands zones if that helps.
Regards,
Matthew
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #130089
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi,
I don't understand your screenshots, something illogical.
Please click on the first address for the shipping address. I think you have something compromised in your browser session.
Regards,
I don't understand your screenshots, something illogical.
Please click on the first address for the shipping address. I think you have something compromised in your browser session.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #130100
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi Jerome,
The bit I'm confused with is why, if my shipping address is the same as my billing address, why it doesn't pick up the correct shipping zone? As I've shown in the image I've had to manually set the shipping address to the same as my billing address to get the Scottish Highlands option, which doesn't seem right.
The bit I'm confused with is why, if my shipping address is the same as my billing address, why it doesn't pick up the correct shipping zone? As I've shown in the image I've had to manually set the shipping address to the same as my billing address to get the Scottish Highlands option, which doesn't seem right.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #130473
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Can't Delete a State from a Shipping Zone
Hi,
As Jerome said, I think that there is something compromised in your browser session.
Maybe you had an address somewhere else than in the UK mainland, and you have edited it, but in session there is still another value.
As Jerome said, I think that there is something compromised in your browser session.
Maybe you had an address somewhere else than in the UK mainland, and you have edited it, but in session there is still another value.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds