- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
UPS: no ship method found - solved
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #127402
by conticreative
UPS: no ship method found - solved was created by conticreative
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.dadshotsauce.net/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No shipping method found
EDIT: the solution, at least one that worked, was to create a new checkout flow, with shipping and payment in the second flow so that hikashop sdoesn't have a chance to display shipping and payment/tax for a user that has not logged in yet.
EDIT: Yesterday I upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2. Could that have broken the UPS plugin?
This is a pretty weird problem I am having with my UPS shipping plugin. After I first installed it, I could not make it work, until I realized that since some products had no dimensions (and others had dimensions but expressed in Meters, making a box 5m x 5m x 5m) others had no weight and so on.
So recently I gave every product a reasonable weight and dimensions. The result was that the UPS plugin worked every time.
Yesterday my checkout page somehow went away giving a blank page and an error "no shipping method available" . Today miraculously, the checkout page is back, but the shipping has stopped working even though all the products now have a credible weight and dimension.
One thing I did yesterday was to setup the taxes for Colorado and of course I had to mess with the Zones. But I also tested the new taxes in the early afternoon and continued testing all afternoon. Later on this issue came up but essentially the UPS plugin worked just fine with the new zone settings for at least 5 transactions where the shipping cost was calculated.
By the way, given the recent problems I am having, is there a Hikashop cache I am not aware of? How would I clean it if it exist? All my caches are turned off (browser, site) but I am seeing things I would normally attribute to cache.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No shipping method found
EDIT: the solution, at least one that worked, was to create a new checkout flow, with shipping and payment in the second flow so that hikashop sdoesn't have a chance to display shipping and payment/tax for a user that has not logged in yet.
EDIT: Yesterday I upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2. Could that have broken the UPS plugin?
This is a pretty weird problem I am having with my UPS shipping plugin. After I first installed it, I could not make it work, until I realized that since some products had no dimensions (and others had dimensions but expressed in Meters, making a box 5m x 5m x 5m) others had no weight and so on.
So recently I gave every product a reasonable weight and dimensions. The result was that the UPS plugin worked every time.
Yesterday my checkout page somehow went away giving a blank page and an error "no shipping method available" . Today miraculously, the checkout page is back, but the shipping has stopped working even though all the products now have a credible weight and dimension.
One thing I did yesterday was to setup the taxes for Colorado and of course I had to mess with the Zones. But I also tested the new taxes in the early afternoon and continued testing all afternoon. Later on this issue came up but essentially the UPS plugin worked just fine with the new zone settings for at least 5 transactions where the shipping cost was calculated.
By the way, given the recent problems I am having, is there a Hikashop cache I am not aware of? How would I clean it if it exist? All my caches are turned off (browser, site) but I am seeing things I would normally attribute to cache.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by conticreative.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127422
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic UPS: no ship method found - solved
Hi,
Thanks for the report and you solution to fix it.
We will see to reproduce the problem in our side and make a fix in order to not have to change the checkout workflow.
Regards,
Thanks for the report and you solution to fix it.
We will see to reproduce the problem in our side and make a fix in order to not have to change the checkout workflow.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conticreative
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 11 months ago #127425
by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic UPS: no ship method found - solved
Just to clarify, the issue was that since I changed checkout to giving a choice of Login/register/guest I started landing on this page with the UPS plugin error: "No shipping method found".
I realized that was natural since how could the shop know my address before I registered or logged in?
In addition, the price also showed Colorado taxes , again because not having my address probably defaulted to the shipper's zone.
To fix this essentially the taxes, total and shipping should not show up until after a user registers or login. Especially since some may protest that first they saw one price, then another after registration.
I think before it was doing that already, but since I activated the guest/registration/login procedure it sort of went crazy.
It seems to work for now, but it would be much nicer if it was on the same page without errors or data that's not needed yet.
I realized that was natural since how could the shop know my address before I registered or logged in?
In addition, the price also showed Colorado taxes , again because not having my address probably defaulted to the shipper's zone.
To fix this essentially the taxes, total and shipping should not show up until after a user registers or login. Especially since some may protest that first they saw one price, then another after registration.
I think before it was doing that already, but since I activated the guest/registration/login procedure it sort of went crazy.
It seems to work for now, but it would be much nicer if it was on the same page without errors or data that's not needed yet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds