- Posts: 254
- Thank you received: 2
UPS plugin is quoting charge too high
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Which Hikashop version are you using ? Can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it, and test it again ?
Thanks .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Any thoughts?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You should set the Group packages option of your UPS shipping method to YES, as it's said on the documentation :
Group packages : If this option is activated, products will be grouped together. Otherwise, every product will have its own package (more expensive).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm having a problem with my UPS calculating the correct freight to customers. I do have Group Packages checked to Yes, so that's not the issue.
Here is an Example of my problem: I added a qty of 1 "Chuggington Wooden Railway Green Painted Wilson" item which weighs only 4oz and the dimensions for this item is 7x7x7. I can add a qty up to 8 on this item and the UPS will list the freight at $13.13 with only 1 package going to Arizona zipcode 85140. Now if I add a qty of 9 "Chuggington Wooden Railway Green Painted Wilson" to the cart, UPS will now list the freight at $23.57 with 4 packages going to Arizona zipcode 85140. Just by adding 1 more 4oz item to the order the shipping almost doubled and the amount of boxes being shipped went from 1 box to 4 boxes just by adding only 1 more of this 4oz item with dimensions of 7x7x7. It doesn't take 3 boxes more to add 1 item to the order. .
I've even tried to correct the issue by checking the box in the UPS plugin on the Exclude Dimensions from No to Yes to see if that would make a difference, and it did not make any difference. Can someone please help me and check this out and tell me what I need to do to fix this. The site is www.spectaculartoys.net .
Thank you for your time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Firstly can you download the last Hikashop version through our website install it and test it again, so that I can be sure that you have the last UPS shipping version ?
Also, can you show some screenshots of how did you configured you UPS shipping method so that I can directly test it on my end ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just updated the Hikashop version to the most current Business 2.3.0, but the UPS is still having the overcharge issue. Here are the screenshots of the UPS config page. I was unable to figure out how to attach screenshots in pm, sorry.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I removed those dashes, and when I repeated the same test as I mentioned below, there was a change in the UPS shipping methods. When I added 8 of the product, UPS shipping listed 1 box to ship and freight was slightly lower than previously. When I added one more to make the product a total of 9, the UPS shipping method changed from 1 to 2 boxes being shipped and the freight was slightly lower than previously. It no longer listed 4 boxes being shipped though. The dashes may have been the problem, so that may of fixed the issue. I'm going to do some more testing with other products to be sure, and if it's still an issue I will repost.
Again, thank you so much for all your help.
Gina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I removed those dashes, and when I repeated the same test as I mentioned below, there was a change in the UPS shipping methods. When I added 8 of the product, UPS shipping listed 1 box to ship and freight was slightly lower than previously. When I added one more to make the product a total of 9, the UPS shipping method changed from 1 to 2 boxes being shipped and the freight was slightly lower than previously. It no longer listed 4 boxes being shipped though. The dashes may have been the problem, so that may of fixed the issue. I'm going to do some more testing with other products to be sure, and if it's still an issue I will repost.
Again, thank you so much for all your help.
Gina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.