- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 2
Weight is to small for any shipping methods
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 25.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods
I've read the faq and read as many forum responses I could but couldn't find the answer to why when I test buy a product I get this error message: The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods. I've configured and enabled a UPS shipping method and an USPS shipping method. I gave them weight restrictions that fell within the parameters of the product I am trying to buy (minimum weight 1 lb, maximum weight 19 lbs) and no weight restrictions (the product I'm trying to buy weighs 3lbs). I get the error message everytime. Please help. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you show me how did you configured your :
- shipping methods configuration page
- product configuration page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First, in the USPS plugin, you should leave the warehouse field empty.
Then, in the UPS plugin, you should remove the dash at the beginning of the name, city and post code fields.
Finally, in your products, you should also configure dimensions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So I still have the problem.
How are the UPS and USPS shipping methods supposed to work? Do they query UPS and USPS to get current shipping costs for the product?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But if you set min and max weight in the restrictions area of these shipping methods, they first make sure that the total weight of the products in the cart are within that range. If you get that error, it means that it's not the case. So either make sure that the total weight of the products in your cart is within 1 and 18lbs or remove these weight restrictions and it should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please remove these restrictions too or change your address to within the USA if you don't want to allow shipping internationally.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The problem is coming from the fact that you didn't set any warehouse for your UPS shipping method, Also you should check all USPS shipping services so that you can see what service will be available for your account and package that you want to send.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Ok, so can you give me a temporary back-end access through a private message, so that I can test it myself ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mohamed asked my to send him a pm with a temporary access to the backend of my site so he could take a look but It's been a long time and I haven't heard back from him. I've created a temporary user name and password. Could you please take a look and let me know what's going on? Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.