Skip to main content

Weight is to small for any shipping methods

More
12 years 10 months ago #134296 by Mohamed Thelji
It's actually working fine when you disable the USPS shipping method :


The problem was actually coming from your USPS shipping method, and we already fixed this issue through the last Hikashop version, so can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it, publish the USPS shipping method, and test it again ?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134342 by jdean
Hey Mohamed. Thanks but I still get the error code. What do we do now? Also, I have version 2.2.2 I thought that was the latest version....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134395 by Mohamed Thelji
Ok, I just installed the last USPS version through your website, can you test it again ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134426 by jdean
Ok, I just tried to test buy a product and it still shows the error message; The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods
I just tried to buy a new product and it shows an error code: The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods
We tried to buy a product with a manual shipping method and that always seems to work.
Plus when we bought a product with the manual shipping method, after the registration and email confirmation, then the UPS shipping method showed up along with the manual shipping method to choose from...........
Thanks for all you help.
Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134547 by Mohamed Thelji
I've done some tests, and I'm not facing any error message like : "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods"
If you don't have any USPS shipping methods showing, the problem is coming from the fact that :
1. The Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box (International) shipping service don't seems to be available for some weight/dimensions range
2. Your USPS account don't have access to all USPS shipping services.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134572 by jdean
Ok. The thought strikes me that maybe we aren't talking about the same thing. Maybe the term "error code".
When I click on "add to cart" to purchase an item, a green pop up shows saying "product successfully added to cart" then asking me if I want to continue shopping or proceed to checkout. I click "proceed to checkout" and the registration page appears. This page asks me if I want to login or create a new account. Just above that is a blue ribbon. Inside the blue ribbon it says "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods". This is the error message I've been referring to. See attachment.
Everytime I try to buy a product I get this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #134710 by jdean
Hey guys, did you get my last post. It's been over 2 days since I've posted. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #134815 by Mohamed Thelji
Sure I saw your last post, I've done some tests on my end and through your website, but I can't reproduce your issue, I never get your "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods" message, and I always have at least the UPS ground shipping method available, which product did you use to have this message ?
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #134819 by jdean
On both bowls in the "hand crafted bowls" area and now I get "The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods" when I try to purchase both "test images" in the "misc wood products" menu/catagory area. Basically it has a message when I try to buy anything except the bow string jig (which has it's own shipping method)
Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #134995 by Mohamed Thelji
The problem is coming from the fact that you can only have an "UPS" shipping method that can be available for your product, but the UPS shipping plugin needs a shipping address to know what UPS shipping service will be available for your order (that's why you don't have any shipping method available for your order).
So the solution will probably be to put the Login action on a different step than your shipping action through your checkout workflow ("Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"), so that you UPS shipping method will be able to use your customer shipping address.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135021 by jdean
Okay, Mohamed. I think that finally took care of the problem. I now have a functioning e-commerce site. Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum