Skip to main content

How to add packaging costs?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #134034 by Plotec
-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Hi,

how and where can I add packaging costs to the order overview at the end of the checkout and also in the order created email?
With packaging costs, I mean the costs for cartons(boxes), paper etc..
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Plotec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134085 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to add packaging costs?
Hi,

I think that adding a shipping price in your shipping method configuration can be the solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134177 by Plotec
Replied by Plotec on topic How to add packaging costs?
I have specified a shipping price, it's the price I have to pay by DHL,UPS and so on.
I want to have additionally a price for packaging materials (cartons/boxes, paper etc.) and this costs have to be displayed as "Packaging Costs" at the order overview in checkout, Order creation email and Invoice.

Like this:

Subtotal: x.xx,- €
Shipping Costs y.yy,- €
Packaging Costs: z.zz,- €
VAT: v.vv,-€
Total: tt.tt,- €

I hope it's more clear now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134291 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
That can be done by using product custom field and a plugin which will add your packaging cost that you'll have to add for each products trough their configuration page but it will require some development skill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134309 by Plotec
Replied by Plotec on topic How to add packaging costs?
I explained a little bit misunderstanding.
The Packaging costs should not per product. We want to add a flat packaging fee for the whole shipment.

....and I don't have development skills. My skills are enough for modify some "easy" existing code but not for more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134340 by byoguru
Replied by byoguru on topic How to add packaging costs?
I am also interested in this...

To apply a fixed, taxable "Handling Fee" on each order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134367 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to add packaging costs?
Normally you just add the handling cost to the shipping costs and thus you would have to edit your shipping methods for that.
There is no option in HikaShop for now to display such handling cost separately unless you create a small plugin to handle that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum