- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
PayPal IP address list not updating
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : OSX 10.6.8 - Chrome31 / Forefox 25.0.1
I have been recieveing the following emails - up to 30 a day:
"Hello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the IP 173.0.81.1 is not in the list of valid IPs :
66.211.169.*
173.0.84.*
66.211.170.*
173.0.82.*"
After reading the docs, I tried to refresh the Paypal IP list by using the 'Refresh IP' link in the Specific Configuration section the the PayPal Plugin. The IP's that were displayed int he box have disappeared and it seems the refresh is not working.
IS this a bug - where can I get the latest list of IP's manually?
Update: Paypal have provided this message:
Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications
(IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are
failing:
www.manncat.com/index.php?option=com_hik...l=checkout&task=noti
fy¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang=en&Itemid=78
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I think that you'll maybe find your answer through this thread :
That happens because paypal tries to contact HikaShop to tell it that the payments are OK for the orders ,however, there is something blocking paypal to do so.
it can come from one of these points:
Your website is on localhost (ie. not accessible from the Internet). PayPal can only send payment notifications to HikaShop if your website is accessible from the outside.
Your website is protected by an .htaccess which only allows the access when the correct username/password is entered. PayPal doesn't know the username/password of your .htaccess and thus cannot contact HikaShop.
Your website is in maintenance and only accessible for users with an administrator account. PayPal won't be able to contact HikaShop because Joomla won't authorize him.
The option "allow payment notifications from paypal" of the PayPal is turned off. You should turn it on.
You changed the IPs in the PayPal IPs option of the PayPal plugin.
You have a security component which forbids scripts to contact your website. You should ask a solution from your security component provider.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have gone through each of the possible causes and it does not relate to any of them.
Paypal are threatening to disable IPN's on the account now. This wasn't a problem until I upgraded to Hikashop 2.2.2 recently. I have had to switch Payapl IPNs to 'no' in the plugin admin panel - will this strop all transactions?
The failed transaction all relate to links to product ID's that do not actually exist:
e.g www.manncat.com/index.phpoption=com_hika...nt&lang=en&Itemid=78
Problem yet to be addressed: Refresh IP does not work in paypal plugin.
It may be my server is under attack, but I need to be certain it's not hikashop thats the issue.
Happy to provide admin access via PM - I really need this resolved ASAP...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please edit the "plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php" file and replace
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Have just started getting the IP refused error for the Worldpay RBS Gateway payment plugin. I spoke to Worldpay and they said they have had changed their servers so I added the IP's in to the plugin, but I'm still getting the error on all transactions even when I have entered the correct IP's?? Can I disable the IP check if possible?
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, you have to leave the field empty in the paypal configuration.
But you know, this thread is talking about Paypal. There is no IP address list in the worldpay plugin.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.