Skip to main content

Manual shipping for one product only

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #138828 by btbjosh
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.bythebook.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16

I'm trying to find a way to configure our site to work with two different shipping methods simultaneously. Most of our products have been functioning fine with the calculated method (Weight/Dimensions). However I have one product that should always be added as a flat $15
charge on top of anything else. Is this possible with the manual price per product approach?

For example:

Product A = Calculated
Product B = Calculated
Product C = Flat $15

Shipping = Calculated + $15

The problem I am seeing is that with the manual plugin working, it just lists that as an option for shipping when you have more than one product with a different shipping type...

Please help.

Thanks!

:) — Josh
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by btbjosh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #138869 by Xavier
Hi,

I think that in your case the best thing to do is to use the price per product for the shipping method.
Enable this option in the payment method configuration, and then in the product pages, set a price of the shipping method for each desired product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #138936 by btbjosh
We have numerous products that need calculated shipping cost... and only one that needs a flat rate. Your suggestion is to use price per product for everything?

That's not acceptable. I'm rather disappointed this feature isn't available. :(

:) — Josh
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by btbjosh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #138943 by nicolas
That's not what Xavier said.
You need to turn on the "price per product" option in all your existing shipping methods.
That will allow you to set a specific fee to the products you want which will be added on top of the calculated shipping price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #138945 by btbjosh
AH. Thank you for the clarification. I'll give that a shot.

:) — Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #138950 by btbjosh
I can't seem to get this to work the way you are describing. I add the price per product... Set the price and fee. Nothing changes on the shipping cost.

Your documentation is not quite clear on these aspects of the component.

How do I get the price per product to work. I have one UPS plugin published. Price per product is turned on. If I go into the product, there is no price per product option like there was if I were using the Manual Shipping plugin.

:) — Josh
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by btbjosh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #138952 by btbjosh
This does not work.

I need it to add the price per product fee to the entire shipping total.

EDIT: Also, to reiterate... I only need this additional handling/shipping fee added to a specific product. Just one.

:) — Josh
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by btbjosh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #139043 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

How do I get the price per product to work. I have one UPS plugin published. Price per product is turned on. If I go into the product, there is no price per product option like there was if I were using the Manual Shipping plugin.

It's true that the "shipping price" tab was only displaying the manual shipping methods, so we've just made some modifications through the "shippingmanual_prices" plugin which display the shipping price tab through your product page.
Can you install this last version of the "shippingmanual_prices" plugin and test it again ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: btbjosh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #139067 by btbjosh
Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a try.

:) — Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #139091 by btbjosh
That worked! Thanks for the help.

:) — Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum