Skip to main content

Error while sending XML to CANADA POST. -5000

More
12 years 7 months ago #142015 by jcutbush
-- url of the page with the problem -- : ehunter.ca
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 26.0 and IE 10.0.9200.16750
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I turned debug on, but don't know if there is more being logged than what comes on the screen.

Error message on screen is:

Error while sending XML to CANADA POST. Error code: -5000. Message: XML parsing error.

I get this error anytime in checkout process that shipping is supposed to come on. If I enable Manual Shipping then the Canada Post won't display and shipping manual will be available.

I have tried a number of configurations of the Canada Post plugin, and I have followed the steps on common mistakes with setting up shipping. I have tried multiple merchand_id's, including my API key, API key:password, Customer ID, Customer Login, and nothing works, including Canada Post Sandbox. All result in the same error.

If you can't figure it out right away, I can give access to my backend as well via PM.

Thanks.

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142165 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello Jeff,

Can you show me through some screenshots, how did you configured :
- Your Canada Post shipping method
- The product that you're trying to purchase
And also tell me the shipping address that you are using during your checkout process ?

Thank you :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142238 by jcutbush
Here are the screenshots.

Thanks.

Jeff

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142338 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
I've done some tests on my end with your product dimensions and weight / shipping address, and I'm having the following error : "Error while sending XML to CANADA POST. Error code: -4004. Message: Item is too large to be packed."
So I tested it with a smaller product and it worked fine, can you test it with a smaller product ? (5*5*5 for example)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142407 by jcutbush
Hi,

I have changed the product to 5x5x5 and I still get the -5000 error. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142521 by Mohamed Thelji
Ok,
So can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it, and test it again ?
If it still doesn't working, can you give me a temporary back-end access through a private message ?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142602 by jcutbush
Hi,

I installed com_hikashop_business_2.2.3_2014-02-06.zip, and it did not resolve the issue. I will send you access to the backend via PM. Thanks.

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142703 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
I just tested it through your website, and I'm having this error : " -2001. Message: Merchant CPC Id not found on server"
And when I test it with my Canada Post test account it's working fine, you should then directly contact CanadaPost about your Merchant ID.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142944 by jcutbush
Hi Mohamed,

I assume you added a replacement head as a product from my website which caused this error. I contacted Canada Post, and they advised I needed to use by "Retailer ID" as the Merchant ID. This is NOT the Customer ID, and NOT the username : password from the key generated. This is a 3rd ID for other people's benefit. It is of the form CPC_COMPANY_NAME. I believe you need to call Canada Post to get this.

That fixed the -2001 error, however when I add any of the "Spin Mops" from my product list I still get the -5000 error. Can you please look into this again by adding a Spin Mop into the Shopping Cart?

Thanks.
Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #143448 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
I just tested it through your website (and also mine) and starting 2 "spin mop" I'm having the following error : "Error while sending XML to CANADA POST. Error code: -3002. Message: Parcel too large to be shipped with CPC.", with 1 spin mop it's working fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #143584 by jcutbush
I still get -5000 on my website. I really have no idea what is going on here. Is there any way to record the XML transmission to figure this out?

Thanks.

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #143919 by Mohamed Thelji
I just tested it on my end with your configuration and the only errors that I'm receiving are :
- "Error while sending XML to CANADA POST. Error code: -4004. Message: Item is too large to be packed"
- "Error while sending XML to CANADA POST. Error code: -3002. Message: Parcel too large to be shipped with CPC"
So can you download the last Hikashop version (2.3) through our website, install it, and test it again ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum