- Posts: 107
- Thank you received: 1
Limiting service within a product category
12 years 5 months ago #150574
by Ronon
Limiting service within a product category was created by Ronon
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.tengoqueprobarlo.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.23
Hi , in my online store I will introduce a new range of products bearing a different cost of shipping to other range of products that already existed. For example , it is as if I have sold books so far and the shipping cost is 5 euros, but now I also sell movies and the shipping cost is 3 euros.
In the configuration of HikaShop > System> Shipping Methods , I entered one of the methods that I have set , but in the section "Restrictions" I see nothing on that I can add that this method of shipping is for the category " books" and other shipping method for category "movies" .
Thus, when someone automatically buy in my online shop, we will calculate the postage if it is "movies" or whether it is "books". And, if a customer bought movies and books at a time, you may apply two costs (3 euros + 5 euros) that would be sent by two different courier companies, one for movies and one for the books.
Is there any way to do this , or you would have to create a shipping method that would pool the two categories and then on my own and send it in one way or another ?
Thanks , greetings.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.23
Hi , in my online store I will introduce a new range of products bearing a different cost of shipping to other range of products that already existed. For example , it is as if I have sold books so far and the shipping cost is 5 euros, but now I also sell movies and the shipping cost is 3 euros.
In the configuration of HikaShop > System> Shipping Methods , I entered one of the methods that I have set , but in the section "Restrictions" I see nothing on that I can add that this method of shipping is for the category " books" and other shipping method for category "movies" .
Thus, when someone automatically buy in my online shop, we will calculate the postage if it is "movies" or whether it is "books". And, if a customer bought movies and books at a time, you may apply two costs (3 euros + 5 euros) that would be sent by two different courier companies, one for movies and one for the books.
Is there any way to do this , or you would have to create a shipping method that would pool the two categories and then on my own and send it in one way or another ?
Thanks , greetings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #150607
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Limiting service within a product category
Hi,
The solution will be to :
- Use the "Use price per product" option of your shipping configuration page
- Go to your product configuration page
- Block or set a shipping price regarding the shipping method through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page
The solution will be to :
- Use the "Use price per product" option of your shipping configuration page
- Go to your product configuration page
- Block or set a shipping price regarding the shipping method through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151402
by Ronon
Replied by Ronon on topic Limiting service within a product category
Hello, I installed HikaShop Business 2.3.0 and have seen that there is now an option that is "Warehouses". With this option yes you can do what I said, right? Having multiple shipping options depending on the category of products purchased, right? Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151459
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Limiting service within a product category
Hi,
Actually, the warehouse allow to set a location for a product, not to restrict the prices or shipping options on a category.
The solution given by Mohamed is the good one.
Actually, the warehouse allow to set a location for a product, not to restrict the prices or shipping options on a category.
The solution given by Mohamed is the good one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151738
by Ronon
Replied by Ronon on topic Limiting service within a product category
OK, what does that have to be configured on all products that I have, and would eliminate the possibility that a customer could choose the shipping method you like? I mean, I would be the person to decide which method each product is shipped? Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151766
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Limiting service within a product category
Hi,
What can be done is to unpublish all your shipping methods, then create a new one, a default one. By this way the customer don't have choice for the shipping method. You can potentially hide the shipping part in the checkout via some css properties.
Then in the backedn when you edit an order you can easily select the desired shipping method for the order.
What can be done is to unpublish all your shipping methods, then create a new one, a default one. By this way the customer don't have choice for the shipping method. You can potentially hide the shipping part in the checkout via some css properties.
Then in the backedn when you edit an order you can easily select the desired shipping method for the order.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds