- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
USPS merchandise return service
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 4 months ago #157619
by conticreative
USPS merchandise return service was created by conticreative
-- url of the page with the problem -- : n/a
-- HikaShop version -- : n/a
-- Joomla version -- : 3.03
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
I have been asked by a client if the hikashop USPS plugin is setup to work with this service from USPS:
www.usps.com/business/merchandise-return-service.htm
Apparently this is a way that the USPS can provide return labels for RMA to customers and it apparently is part of the USPS API.
I am pretty sure that no one has mentioned this in the forums so far and I was unaware of this service myself, so maybe is recent. In any event, I wanted to try to find out if this is available or can be integrated into Hikashop at the moment or if I have to research it and integrate it myself.
If somebody has already done the work of integrating it, we'll be happy to pay for it too.
Thank you.
-- HikaShop version -- : n/a
-- Joomla version -- : 3.03
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
I have been asked by a client if the hikashop USPS plugin is setup to work with this service from USPS:
www.usps.com/business/merchandise-return-service.htm
Apparently this is a way that the USPS can provide return labels for RMA to customers and it apparently is part of the USPS API.
I am pretty sure that no one has mentioned this in the forums so far and I was unaware of this service myself, so maybe is recent. In any event, I wanted to try to find out if this is available or can be integrated into Hikashop at the moment or if I have to research it and integrate it myself.
If somebody has already done the work of integrating it, we'll be happy to pay for it too.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 4 months ago #157717
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS merchandise return service
Hi,
Unfortunately we didn't developed any USPS "Merchandise Return Service" feature for the moment
.
Unfortunately we didn't developed any USPS "Merchandise Return Service" feature for the moment
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 4 months ago #157763
by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic USPS merchandise return service
Thank you for the kind reply. Based on your knowledge of the current USPS plugin, how much of an effort do you think it would be to add this capability to it? We would probably have to create a new plugin using the current one as a base and then add the ability to generate an RMA based on the USPS guidelines.
Is this something you think is feasible or would it require to rewrite the entire thing from scratch? Can you provide any guidance on how to go ahead with a project like this?
Is this something you think is feasible or would it require to rewrite the entire thing from scratch? Can you provide any guidance on how to go ahead with a project like this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #157769
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic USPS merchandise return service
Hi there,
Looking at the description of the service I think it's quite different than the existing plugin.
Indeed our plugin is basically communicating with the API to get rates and calculate shipping fees while this service is (I guess) related to orders and users profile.
As it's using the same API you might be able to get some inspiration from our plugin but you probably will have to code something from scratch. Another option is to ask on our commercial jobs forum and see if someone is willing to do it
Looking at the description of the service I think it's quite different than the existing plugin.
Indeed our plugin is basically communicating with the API to get rates and calculate shipping fees while this service is (I guess) related to orders and users profile.
As it's using the same API you might be able to get some inspiration from our plugin but you probably will have to code something from scratch. Another option is to ask on our commercial jobs forum and see if someone is willing to do it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds