- Posts: 107
- Thank you received: 8
Shipping Method Configuration for Gift Certificate
12 years 3 months ago #160260
by bmm01
Shipping Method Configuration for Gift Certificate was created by bmm01
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.midwestmeats.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have Hikashop Business and AwoCoupon Pro and I want to create a Gift Certificate (Voucher) to sell. As there is no delivery, the shipping method should be Free Shipping.
I sell most products by weight so how do I configure the system to sell the Gift Certificate without shipping.
I have seen that you might need to add a small weight to the Gift Certificate (0.001 kg) and then create a Shipping Method for 0.001 to 0.010 kg in case someone orders 10 Gift Certificates (unlikely but possible).
I will then need to add a minimum weight to all my other Shipping Methods so they are not chosen.
Is this the only way to do this?
Also, the Gift Certificate now shows a weight of 0.001 on the Product Page even though I have chosen "Do not display weight".
Thanks for your help.
Brett
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have Hikashop Business and AwoCoupon Pro and I want to create a Gift Certificate (Voucher) to sell. As there is no delivery, the shipping method should be Free Shipping.
I sell most products by weight so how do I configure the system to sell the Gift Certificate without shipping.
I have seen that you might need to add a small weight to the Gift Certificate (0.001 kg) and then create a Shipping Method for 0.001 to 0.010 kg in case someone orders 10 Gift Certificates (unlikely but possible).
I will then need to add a minimum weight to all my other Shipping Methods so they are not chosen.
Is this the only way to do this?
Also, the Gift Certificate now shows a weight of 0.001 on the Product Page even though I have chosen "Do not display weight".
Thanks for your help.
Brett
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160262
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping Method Configuration for Gift Certificate
Hi,
The proper way to do it is to set a weight in all your products, don't set a weight in the products which don't require any shipping, and make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" option of the configuration is turned off.
Then it should work automatically on the checkout. The system will only display the shipping methods for products with weight.
The proper way to do it is to set a weight in all your products, don't set a weight in the products which don't require any shipping, and make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" option of the configuration is turned off.
Then it should work automatically on the checkout. The system will only display the shipping methods for products with weight.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160383
by bmm01
Replied by bmm01 on topic Shipping Method Configuration for Gift Certificate
Hi Nicolas
OK thanks for that - it makes sense.
Brett
OK thanks for that - it makes sense.
Brett
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds