Skip to main content

Free shipping on downloadble files

More
12 years 2 months ago #162524 by drumlegend
I have looked on Google for ages and can't find anything.

Everything on my shop will be downloadble files and whenever I go to buy the product it's charging me £2.50 postage and packaging. How do I make this free?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162532 by Jerome
Hi,

You have to remove the option "force shipping regardless of weight" in the HikaShop configuration.
And then you have to put a weight on the physical products and no weight for the downloadable once.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162565 by drumlegend
Thank you, I will try that later an get back to you. Also, I tested my set up yesterday just to see if I would get the file but when I bought it all I get is an email say your order has been created but no file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162576 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
Was it a free downloadable product ? Also, I think that the best solution to handle download file will be to enable your customer download space, through the "Enable customer download area" option of your "Hikashop->System->Configuration->'Main'" page.

The download space will allow your customer to see all their available download files and download them until they reach the download limit.

This download will be available through the "User control panel"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162654 by drumlegend
Basically, the customer will pay for a downloadable file which will be a video, I then want them to receive an email which gives them a link to that file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162696 by nicolas
Note that two emails are sent to the customer for an order:
- one when the order is created (at the end of the checkout)
- one when the order is confirmed (after the payment notification has been sent by the payment gateway to HikaShop)

Of course, the link to the download file will only be added to the second email. So you must have been looking at the first one.
If you didn't receive the second email, check the order status of your order.
If the order is confirmed, the issue is with the sending of the email.
If the order is created, the issue is that either the payment was not done, or it was rejected, or HikaShop never got the payment notification from the payment gateway. And in that last case, you want to check our documentation on that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162865 by drumlegend
I will have a play and get back to you, can't seem to find the enable customer download area

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162870 by drumlegend
I have put no weight on the file and have disabled force shipping regardless of weight and I charge £5 for the file, £2.50 is still being added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #162875 by drumlegend
I've found the solution, I've removed shipping off the payment method

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167704 by Flooder
UP here!!
I have a page where my customers can buy a downloadable file.

When we select Virtual goods for the produt type, the shipping methods are still there on the product page.



Should I see shipping methods for the product whit « Virtual goods » selected?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167706 by Jerome
Hi,

If you force the shipping regardless of the weight, your virtual goods won't have any effect.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167741 by Flooder
I remember now that it is my template show_methodes_livraison.php who displays shipping methods on a product page.

In my code, how could I do to test if a product is a virtual good?

Can't use de field product_type, because it is for main or variant.

When we select « virtual good » for a product, where do you stock this info in the database?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167764 by Flooder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167765 by Jerome
Right :)

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum