- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate US Missing
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I'm working on switching to HikaShop from JoomShopping, and am setting up the shipping. I have the USPS plugin working, but I noticed it only has Priority Mail Flat Rate Box options for International Shipping. I have tried modifying the dimensions / weight of my product listing (just using one as I set things up) and I am not getting any of the flat rate prices. Just general priority mail prices. So, this said a couple questions 1) Is this due to using the "starter" version of hikkashop? 2) Are they missing when using chrome? 3) Have they simply not been added for some reason? If it's because they simply haven't been added for some reason, how can I add them as I ship all of my products USPS priority mail flat rate (small, medium, and large box).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You should probably directly enable all of the USPS services through your USPS shipping configuration page, and test it again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
So, once again I ask, are the USPS Priority mail flat rate boxes for continental us missing from the USPS shipping plugin?
I am going to System > Shipping Methods > United States Postal Service (Hikashop USPS Shipping Plugin)
It is simply missing the USPS Priority mail flat rate boxes (small, medium, & large) for shipping within the US. It does have them for international, but as 95+% of my sales are in the US, the international option doesn't help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just checked the USPS documentation, and it seems like if you want to use USPS "flat rate" services, you'll have to specify the "size" of the "container" and that the "container" is for example a "FLAT RATE BOX".
I'll add a "container" option through the USPS shipping configuration page, and do some tests to see if the problem was coming from that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mohamed made several tests but he didn't finish all test and investigation he wanted to do.
It is currently a day off in France, so he wouldn't be able to continue his tests before Monday.
But the task is created and assigned to him in the issue tracker.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I've done some fix and created the "container" option so can you download and install the following USPS shipping version and then use and test the new container option ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just updated USPS services and the container option, also if you want the container to be shown through the checkout workflow, the solution can be to directly add it through your USPS shipping description or title.
Here is the last USPS shipping version :
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. Yes
2. I planned on improving the USPS shipping plugin again, but regarding the container option, it's an option that have to be sent to the USPS shipping platform, so the best solution is to use a "container" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- littlemstr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.