- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
12 years 3 weeks ago #169897
by techworx
FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed was created by techworx
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : When I select FedEx SmartPost as the only shipping method - no shipping options are returned.
I called FedEx Developer support, they looked in the logs, and said that the SmartPost request is malformed. Needs to have the proper Details supplied in the request.
They Provided the following example as a proper SmartPost Request example...
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : When I select FedEx SmartPost as the only shipping method - no shipping options are returned.
I called FedEx Developer support, they looked in the logs, and said that the SmartPost request is malformed. Needs to have the proper Details supplied in the request.
They Provided the following example as a proper SmartPost Request example...
Code:
<q0:SmartPostDetail>
<q0:Indicia>PARCEL_SELECT</q0:Indicia>
<q0:HubId>5531</q0:HubId>
<q0:CustomerManifestId>String</q0:CustomerManifestId>
</q0:SmartPostDetail>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 weeks ago #169992
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
Hello,
I just checked the FedEx documentation and we'll have to edit the FedEx shipping plugin code to add some options, so I'll code/test it and give you the final FedEx version.
Thanks for your feedback.
I just checked the FedEx documentation and we'll have to edit the FedEx shipping plugin code to add some options, so I'll code/test it and give you the final FedEx version.
Thanks for your feedback.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago #170434
by techworx
Replied by techworx on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
Any update on this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 weeks ago #170438
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
Hello,
I just updated the code of the FedEx shipping method so that it can support the "Smart Post" service, but I need to test it with an account which have access to that service.
Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through a private message so that I can directly test it ?
Thanks.
I just updated the code of the FedEx shipping method so that it can support the "Smart Post" service, but I need to test it with an account which have access to that service.
Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through a private message so that I can directly test it ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 weeks ago #170695
by techworx
Replied by techworx on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
Did you receive the PM w/credentials the other night?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 2 weeks ago #170815
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
Hello,
Yes, I'm still doing some tests to be sure that you won't have any issue by using the FedEx smart post request
.
Yes, I'm still doing some tests to be sure that you won't have any issue by using the FedEx smart post request
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 days ago #172719
by techworx
Replied by techworx on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
How goes the testing?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 days ago #172828
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
Hello,
After reading their documentation and doing many tests, I have added the "Smart Post" option, but FedEx still doesn't return any price for the SmartPost request and I'm having that error message :
So I sent them two emails about it and I'm waiting for their reply to understand from where the problem is coming from.
Note that I'm still searching from where the issue is coming from while waiting for their reply, and that you can also contact them and ask them about the "SmartPostShipmentDetail object cannot be null" error message.
After reading their documentation and doing many tests, I have added the "Smart Post" option, but FedEx still doesn't return any price for the SmartPost request and I'm having that error message :
I also checked their developer documentation regarding that error message and there is no "SmartPostShipmentDetail" object to send but a "SmartPostDetail" as you told me on your first message.SmartPostShipmentDetail object cannot be null
So I sent them two emails about it and I'm waiting for their reply to understand from where the problem is coming from.
Note that I'm still searching from where the issue is coming from while waiting for their reply, and that you can also contact them and ask them about the "SmartPostShipmentDetail object cannot be null" error message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175425
by techworx
Replied by techworx on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
This might be because our rate deck hasn't been reloaded -- they are about a month behind on that -- they promised it last week
I'll forward this on to my FedEx contact and see where we get.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #175474
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic FedEx SmartPost requests are malformed
Ok, thank you
.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds