- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping by UK postcode
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
I wonder if it's possible for you to help me set up my shipping options, the shipping will be based on postcodes, is it possible that when the client enters their address that the shipping will calculate automatically from the postcode?
Or would they have to manually select their postcode from a list?, this option is fine but how would I set it up? could you provide a short tutorial please?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Yes, you'll just have to use the "Minimum/Maximum post code" and "Zones" options through your shipping method configuration page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
- the "Zones" to restrict the use of that shipping method to UK
- the "Minimum/Maximum post code" and "prefix/suffix" options to restrict your shipping method to a group of post code
- the "Price" option to set the price regarding your customer post code / zone
Also, reading that documentation will probably help you : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...form.html#additional
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you so much
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found out that it does.....
Only it has to be in capitals....unless I create the shipping method in capitals....does this mean I have to create 2 shipping methods for each post code area, one in lowercase and one in upper case?....or is there another way?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found out that it does.....
Only it has to be in capitals....unless I create the shipping method in capitals....does this mean I have to create 2 shipping methods for each post code area, one in lowercase and one in upper case?....or is there another way?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Only it has to be in capitals....unless I create the shipping method in capitals....does this mean I have to create 2 shipping methods for each post code area, one in lowercase and one in upper case?....or is there another way?
In that case the solution will be to create 2 manual shipping methods one for upper and one for lower case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Maybe using text-transform: uppercase; ??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is there a way to force capitalisation on the form where the customer enters their address and post code details please?
Maybe using text-transform: uppercase; ?? I wouldn't know where to put this code, it will save entering hundreds of different shipping methods.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just added it on our TODO list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.